Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gens/GS r7_pre2 - Preview Release

Beans

Re: Gens/GS r7_pre2 - Preview Release

I've found setting SDL_AUDIODRIVER="esd" works well in Ubuntu.

Beans

Gens/GS r7_pre3 - Preview Release

I have released Gens/GS r7_pre3. It fixes the previously mentioned crash bugs and some other stuff.

Beans

Thumbs down Re: Gens/GS r7_pre3 - Preview Release

Quote Originally Posted by GerbilSoft View Post
    I have released Gens/GS r7_pre3. It fixes the previously mentioned crash bugs and some other stuff.
    I downloaded the Source and tries to ./configure in my Ubuntu 9.04-amd64:

I get this:
    Code:
    configure: error: 64-bit is currently not supported.

Beans

Re: Gens/GS r7_pre3 - Preview Release

Quote Originally Posted by Gocho View Post
    I downloaded the Source and tries to ./configure in my Ubuntu 9.04-amd64:

I get this:
    Code:
    configure: error: 64-bit is currently not supported.
    Unfortunately, Gens/GS is currently not buildable on 64-bit (and non-x86) architectures due to the massive amount of x86 assembler. I'd suggest installing the 32-bit package using dpkg --force-architecture. (You'll need to install the 32-bit compatibility packages, too.)

Beans

I actually created a .deb for 64 bit using a script I got off the World of Goo forums! Don't ask me how it works, it just does. I've attached it anyway, and I'll add another post with the script I got.

Hope this helps anyway.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Intel Core i3-8100, 16GB Corsair DDR4 2400 RAM, 240GB Crucial SSD+1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti

Beans

Here's the 32 to 64 bit .deb script. It's quite easy to use. I'm no Linux expert at all, but this worked for me anyway.

EDIT: Sorry, rude of me. Here's the Read Me.

Attached is a shell script to convert the 32-bit Debian packages to 64-bit packages, if you prefer those. Unpack, mark executable, and run on the command line with the path to the 32-bit package as an argument. Like so:

username@username-desktop:~$ '/home/username/Downloads/deb-from-i386-to-amd64.sh' '/home/username/Emulators/Gens_2.15.5-gs-m6-1_i386.deb' Gens_2.15.5-gs-m6-1_amd64.deb

Obviously substitute the package there with whichever emulator or package you are wanting to use.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by BigSilly; August 5th, 2009 at 01:57 PM.
    Intel Core i3-8100, 16GB Corsair DDR4 2400 RAM, 240GB Crucial SSD+1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by BigSilly View Post
    I actually created a .deb for 64 bit using a script I got off the World of Goo forums! Don't ask me how it works, it just does. I've attached it anyway, and I'll add another post with the script I got.

Hope this helps anyway.

It works! Thanks BigSilly

Beans

Downloaded r7_pre3 version: There are problems with joystick D-Pad (I am using Logitech Chillstream), I can't use diagonal directions (Up+Right for example), impossible to play.
    There was such problem in original Gens, author advised to remove Gens configuration file and Reconfigure joystick, I have done this here, but problem still exists.
    I can check PS3 joystick, if that's help.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by superG View Post
    Downloaded r7_pre3 version: There are problems with joystick D-Pad (I am using Logitech Chillstream), I can't use diagonal directions (Up+Right for example), impossible to play.
    There was such problem in original Gens, author advised to remove Gens configuration file and Reconfigure joystick, I have done this here, but problem still exists.
    I can check PS3 joystick, if that's help.
    I'm thinking that perhaps the gamepad is imitating a circular joystick with regards to diagonals.

Can you install SDLJoytest (http://sdljoytest.sourceforge.net/) and post what values it shows for all eight positions, plus center?

Beans

I'm thinking that perhaps the gamepad is imitating a circular joystick with regards to diagonals.

Can you install SDLJoytest (http://sdljoytest.sourceforge.net/) and post what values it shows for all eight positions, plus center?
    SDLJoytest shows only Axis0 and buttons, buttons are working, Axis0 mapped to first analog stick, as of D-Pad, it doesn't work.

Here is jstest output:
    jstest /dev/input/js0
    Driver version is 2.1.0.
    Joystick (Logitech Chillstream Controller) has 8 axes and 11 buttons.
    Testing ... (interrupt to exit)
    Axes: 0: 0 1: -2 2:-32767 3: 0 4: -2 5:-32767 6: 0 7: 0 Buttons: 0:off 1:off 2:off 3:off 4:off 5:off 6:off 7:off 8:off 9:off 10:off

6 axe is for left and right.
    7 axe is for up and down.
    left : 6 axe,-32767
    right: 6 axe, 32767
    up : 7 axe,-32767
    down : 7 axe, 32767

left, right, up, down works in Gens, but diagonal not :(

When I pressing up+left in jstest, it shows in 6 and 7 axis -32767 simultaneous.
    Last edited by superG; August 14th, 2009 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Additional info

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast