I'm currently trying to install Ubuntu 9.04 on my desktop computer. (that I built myself) I'll post the specs of the computer below. It's running Windows Vista & Windows 7 dual-boot right now, on different partitions of the same drive.

The Live CD boots just fine, shows the language selection list, and shows me the options to try it or install it. When I go to try it, it boots up Ubuntu, shows the login screen saying "user ubuntu will login in 10 seconds", and then it just hangs. I can move the mouse, but can't click on anything, and the time doesn't update.

When I try to install from the Live CD, it shows the progress bar, and then goes to a black screen with some glitchy green & pink/purple lines at the top. It shows the mouse once again, but I can't do anything from this screen.

Does anyone have an idea of what could be causing this? And how I can get Ubuntu installed? To me, it seems to be a problem with the graphics card. The card is designed to work with PCI-E, but has a chip on the card converting the signal to AGP. (a standard practice nowadays to make new cards for AGP) I don't have any idea how to fix the problem, if it is the graphics card. Maybe install Ubuntu with a different graphics card in, and swap the card out after it's installed? I have a feeling that would cause problems of its own.

I would greatly appreciate any help I can get in fixing this. I'm running Ubuntu on my laptop right now and I'm loving it. I can't wait to get it on my desktop. Thanks!

Desktop Specs:
DFI Lanparty UT nF3-250Gb Motherboard
AMD 64 3200+ 2.2GHz Processor
Sapphire Radeon 3650 HD AGP Video Card
3x Corsair 512MB Valueselect DDR 400 Memory
550W Rosewill Modular Power Supply
1TB Western Digital Caviar Green SATA HD
640GB Western Digital Caviar Blue SATA HD
320GB Western Digital Caviar SE IDE HD