Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cool linux compatible keyboard/ mouse combo!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Cool linux compatible keyboard/ mouse combo!

I have a Razer keyboard. It's good. The only thing that doesn't work is the big Razer key - I can't seem to map it.

The Razer mouse (Deathadder) is just junk on Linux. It's ridiculously sensitive; I ended off buying one of the Razer mousemats so I could control it a little better. It's a comfortable mouse and I can play Quake Live better with it - but for general mousing it's the pits.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans

The keyboards from apoo (some with touchpad (mouse emulator) are also VERY nice and 100% compatible with Ubuntu. All Multimedia hotkeys work right out of the box and if you have a kbd with touchpad you no longer need a mouse (1,2 and 3 finger tap/wipes are fully supported by Ubuntu 10.04+ AFAIK). I use an E9070 (keyboard only) and an E9080 (keyboard+ multi-touchpad/numpad). Both work perfectly with Ubuntu 10.04 and 12.10.

These keyboards are high quality, very compact and widely available for a very low price considering what you get for your money. They're even on eBay. check http://rapoo.com - lots of reviews on Youtube too.

Beans
    Hidden!

Back to sleep, old thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12