Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Set up VNC server with resumable sessions

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Set up VNC server with resumable sessions

It doesn't work here, this is what happens:

I haven't read through the whole thread, so perhaps someone has posted this before. And if it matters, I'm running Ubuntu 6.06 with GNOME

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

This is where I'm at... I've read through the whole document and still can't get VNC Working.

-A

Beans

OK, so is there a way to configure VNC entirely from remote?? I want to log in over SSH terminal and configure VNC to accept my connection. Anyone know how to do this??

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Quote Originally Posted by mjfarina
    OK, so is there a way to configure VNC entirely from remote?? I want to log in over SSH terminal and configure VNC to accept my connection. Anyone know how to do this??
    Check out the instructions on page 12 of this thread and replace the command gedit with nano or whatever text editor you like to use from the command line.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by p_alexander
    Check out the instructions on page 12 of this thread and replace the command gedit with nano or whatever text editor you like to use from the command line.
    ya, I did that...I keep getting this "markfarina@UBN600:~$ vncpasswd: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" when trying to set a password??

Of course, it tells me it can't start the vnc server without a password.

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Quote Originally Posted by mjfarina
    ya, I did that...I keep getting this "markfarina@UBN600:~$ vncpasswd: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" when trying to set a password??
    I did an apt-file search to see which package that file is associated with. You can try installing the one that it returned: libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2

Type:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2
    But I don't have that package installed and I didn't need the file you mentioned. Anyway, it's worth a shot.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by zenobia
    I think I might be having the same problem as you, and I am clueless as to why it is happening. I have gone through the how-to several times, and posted the same problem in the other thread about using Hamachi together with resumable VNC sessions for remote controlling PC's. (*,)

Glad I'm not the only one. My problem is also intermittant, killing the xvnc process and restarting xinetd will allways fix the problem for a while.

Anyone think of a solution yet? I don't want to update to Dapper untill I get this problem sorted.

Cheers

Go Socceroos! First world cup win ever!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by JeyKey
    It doesn't work here, this is what happens:

I haven't read through the whole thread, so perhaps someone has posted this before. And if it matters, I'm running Ubuntu 6.06 with GNOME
    I'm using the same version of ubuntu and I'm having the same problem...

Anybody could help us with this problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06

Thank you very much for this. It worked perfectly on the first try using Ubuntu 5.10!

Beans

When I connect to myself i just see a checkered screen? What did I do wrong?

Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast