Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Conky Banshee Python Script

Beans

Re: Conky Banshee Python Script

Wow k. That is hilarious. I just switched to Arch myself. It is awesome that all your stuff is in the AUR.

Keep up the good work.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by WiseGuy1020 View Post
    Wow k. That is hilarious. I just switched to Arch myself. It is awesome that all your stuff is in the AUR.

Keep up the good work.
    I have a topic dedicated to this stuff on the Arch forums: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=85524. The AUR is perfect for these scripts, they get pulled down and built from my launchpad site (bzr) on install

Arch is great, I'll never go back to Ubuntu I don't think, Arch is more cutting edge and updates are in smaller chunks more often...plus I have much more control of what MY OS is doing...suits me
    Last edited by kaivalagi; February 17th, 2010 at 01:55 PM.

Beans

Hi,

I'm a Arch user, and this morning i've updated banshee (v1.54). And i've noticed that the cover is now in : $HOME/.cache/media-art and no more in $HOME/.cache./album-art

I don't know if this change is also available on other distribution.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by wimille View Post
    Hi,

I'm a Arch user, and this morning i've updated banshee (v1.54). And i've noticed that the cover is now in : $HOME/.cache/media-art and no more in $HOME/.cache./album-art

I don't know if this change is also available on other distribution.
    As you can appreciate I don't use all the players I have scripts for and so I can't test banshee (I use mpd + sonata)

I think this may be one of these scenarios where Arch has a newer version of banshee in it's repos than in Ubuntu's. Can anyone tell us what the current version in the Ubuntu repos is?

I've attached a newer version of the script which has the old coverart path replaced with the new on line 174. Copy the contents of the attached tarball over the top of the existing py file here: /usr/share/conkybanshee/conkyBanshee.py

If this is an issue for more and more people I will rollout updates in the AUR and PPA

Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Hi

I'm also using Ubuntu on my server, so i can tell you what version is present. On official repos (ubuntu/universe for karmic) it's version 1.51.

Also, i've tried your new version, and it's work perfectly. Thanks.
    Last edited by wimille; February 26th, 2010 at 07:18 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Hi

I'm also using Ubuntu on my server, so i can tell you what version is present. On official repos (ubuntu/universe for karmic) it's version 1.51.

I think I'll update the package in the AUR with a new code revision but not update the PPA packages yet...

Edit: conkybanshee-bzr in the AUR has been updated as the default banshee version in Arch is 1.5.3 already...
    Last edited by kaivalagi; February 27th, 2010 at 12:24 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Works perfectly with ubuntu 9.10 64bit and the latest version of Banshee (1.5.4), downloaded from the PPA this morning.

Thanks, kaivalagi!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Pablovski View Post
    Works perfectly with ubuntu 9.10 64bit and the latest version of Banshee (1.5.4), downloaded from the PPA this morning.

Thanks, kaivalagi!
    That's good to know, I think I'll have to code it so it handles either location i.e. if it finds a file in either path use it

Once that is done I'll upload the source and I'll have to ask someone nicely to build it for Ubuntu as I do not have the tools available, I'm using a non-debian system now.

Beans
    Hidden!

Hi

Wimille, I don't suppose you installed the latest version of this script from the AUR recently?

I made further changes to the script before rolling it out to ensure it worked as before if the new path wasn't found. If you are running conkybanshee-bzr could you make sure it is the latest version and let me know if it still works like the quick fix I did? Thanks!

Beans

Hi,

In fact, i did not use the bzr version of package. I've installed package name : conky-banshee.
    So, i make the change today, and install the bzr package from AUR (version 4.2).

But, i'm sorry it doesn't work. If i do : conkyBanshee --datatype=CA, the link is still in /.cache/album-art/ where the file does not exist.

PS : i hope i well answer to your question, English is not my native language, and maybe i not well understood your question.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast