Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Conky Banshee Python Script

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Conky Banshee Python Script

1. Why doesn't album art obey to offset/voffset commands? When the image is printed, it's at the top of the screen and have had no luck getting it down.

2. Kaivalagi, earlier you descripted other user how to print picture only when banshee is running.

I created .sh file:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    status=`conkyBanshee --datatype=ST`
    if [ $status = Playing ]; then
      touch /tmp/banshee_playing
    else
      if [ -f /tmp/banshee_playing ]; then
        rm /tmp/banshee_playing
      fi
    fi
    and .conkyrc has these lines:
    Code:
    ${exec ~/.conky/banshee_running.sh}
    ${if_existing "/tmp/banshee_playing"}
    ${exec cp "`conkyBanshee --datatype=CA | sed -e 's/\\\//g'`" /home/laur/.album.jpg}${image /home/laur/.album.jpg -p 0,2 -s 64x64}
    $endif
    No error, but now it doesn't even show album art. Did i misunderstand your instructions?

3. What would be the point of using templates? I'm not going to print two sets of banshee info
    Last edited by layr; June 5th, 2011 at 09:54 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

It looks okay....

3 things you can check straight off independently to remove the guessing game...

1) ensure you have a "banshee_playing" file in /tmp when banshee is playing and not one when it's not

2) why not change the big long line for displaying the coverart to be just some text so you can make sure everything else is working...also add a "sh" in for good measure (not sure if chmod +x is needed on the .sh file without it) and a full path:
    e.g.
    Code:
    ${exec sh /home/laur/.conky/banshee_running.sh}
    ${if_existing "/tmp/banshee_playing"}
    Banshee is playing!
    $endif
    3) have just the one liner in a conky and ensure when banshee is playing you dom actually see covert art

e.g.
    Code:
    ${exec cp "`conkyBanshee --datatype=CA | sed -e 's/\\\//g'`" /home/laur/.album.jpg}${image /home/laur/.album.jpg -p 0,2 -s 64x64}
    Does the image /home/laur/.album.jpg get updated etc etc...

If you have answers to all these questions and still have issues let me know what they are...

Hope that helps
    Last edited by kaivalagi; June 5th, 2011 at 10:05 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Bash is working as it should. Somewhy the 'if' command in .conkyrc is failing.
    (the oneliner alone works also just fine. My first question left aside that is)

EDIT:
    I accidentally debugged this issue; the quotation marks had to be removed from the tmp location, so the code in .conkyrc looks something like this:
    Code:
    ${exec sh /home/laur/.conky/banshee_running.sh}
    ${if_existing /tmp/banshee_playing}
    Banshee is playing!
    $endif
    (PS what about the formatting issue? Haven't yet found a way to reposition albumart in the conky layout)
    EDIT 2:
    Hurr-durr, those 0,2 at the end of the albumart line are x,y coordinates. Now i feel dumb
    EDIT 3:
    Is the albumart supposed to be behind the .lua drawn background?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by layr; June 5th, 2011 at 11:10 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by layr View Post
    Is the albumart supposed to be behind the .lua drawn background?
    There has been talk on this in the main thread, I don't use lua to draw backgrounds though so I don;t know the details...it can be worked around...it was posted about in the last week on the mega thread so may be worth you going through the posts

The point of a template would be that you don't have to have a copy command, you just call a template to bring in all the data including a pre-populated $image variable (this being key!)

e.g.

in the template:

Code:
    ${image [--datatype=CA] -p 0,2 -s 64x64}
    so that when rendered it will be output as:

Code:
    ${image /tmp/cover -p 0,2 -s 64x64}
    Not sure about the need for sed anymore either....banshee cover art is always /tmp/cover I think...

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    There has been talk on this in the main thread, I don't use lua to draw backgrounds though so I don;t know the details...it can be worked around...it was posted about in the last week on the mega thread so may be worth you going through the posts
    NEW background LUA script goes behind images, check it out on the conkyForecast thread.

Beans
    Distro

Also has there been any discussion/solution with the songs that don't have album art (last cover stays and terminal output is approximately: )
    Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/share/conkybanshee/conkyBanshee.py", line 244, in getOutputData
        shutil.copy(self.musicData.coverart, self.options.coverartpath)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.6/shutil.py", line 84, in copy
        copyfile(src, dst)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.6/shutil.py", line 50, in copyfile
        with open(src, 'rb') as fsrc:
    IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/laur/.cache/media-art/album-5b20b3b88499cda2276ca3c7a3d98c3e.jpg'
    ERROR: Unknown error when calling getOutputData:[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/laur/.cache/media-art/album-5b20b3b88499cda2276ca3c7a3d98c3e.jpg'
    cp: cannot stat `': No such file or directory
    Thanks Sector (Y)
    Last edited by layr; June 6th, 2011 at 12:09 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by layr View Post
    Also has there been any discussion/solution with the songs that don't have album art (last cover stays and terminal output is approximately: )
    Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/share/conkybanshee/conkyBanshee.py", line 244, in getOutputData
        shutil.copy(self.musicData.coverart, self.options.coverartpath)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.6/shutil.py", line 84, in copy
        copyfile(src, dst)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.6/shutil.py", line 50, in copyfile
        with open(src, 'rb') as fsrc:
    IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/laur/.cache/media-art/album-5b20b3b88499cda2276ca3c7a3d98c3e.jpg'
    ERROR: Unknown error when calling getOutputData:[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/laur/.cache/media-art/album-5b20b3b88499cda2276ca3c7a3d98c3e.jpg'
    cp: cannot stat `': No such file or directory
    Looks like cover art corruption to me....banshee is telling the script where to find coverart and when it is trying to copy it the error happens...I need to add a filepath check, delete the file there already and then return nothing if not there I guess....I'll get around to it one day...it would be a simple thing to fix via python, a nice little file operation exercise for someone

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    conkyBanshee is built for Natty too but if not working something drastic has changed with the player, look at the d-bus methods available via a tool such as d-feet....I doubt I'll run Natty or Banshee for some time so you'd be best trying to fault find and report back...I use MPD (music player daemon), Sonata frontend (customised a little as it's python ) and mpdcron these days...all the other players are naff in comparison I think

As for putting in a feature request for banshee changes I have no idea...try the banshee website but it might be best looking at what version 2 offers first...

Hi All,

Recently installed Natty, found conky and figured I had to have conkyBanshee as part of it!
    Unfortunately it hasn't been working, Album, Artists, Title and Rating all come up as unknown.
    Looked into this a bit - downloaded d-feet and checked the dbus messages. Attached is what I found.
    Looking through the Python script I can see a bunch of methods that no longer appear to exist.
    I'm not sure whether this is due to the latest version of Ubuntu or Banshee, but that seems to be the issue.

I had a look on the Banshee site, seems like they may be changing some things around as well:
    http://banshee.fm/contribute/write-c...us-interfaces/

I'm still quite new to the inner-workings of Ubuntu and Applications but I looked through d-feet for the interfaces mentioned and couldn't find specifically the first one, didn't really look for the rest of them as the first seems to be where the gold's at.

My guess - feel free to correct me, is that the dbus messages in the latest version of Banshee (I have 2.0.0-2ubuntu1 looking in the software center) are in the middle of being recoded, and that the methods used in the conkyBanshee script are now deprecated, however the new methods haven't been implemented/written/whatever yet.

This is my guess, if there are others out there that have further info, it would be good to hear.
    Also if anyone is running Natty and the latest Banshee and have this script working - I'd love to hear from you.

Hope that sheds some light, again being new to all this it's been a bit of guesswork on my part.

Cheers,

Nate

EDIT:
    Looking at Banshee features it has: *MPRIS 2.0 D-Bus interface
    It also states that this is turned off by default - anyone have any idea how to turn it on?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mrskeggster; June 24th, 2011 at 05:03 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

No idea how to turn the dbus side of things on, plugins maybe?

I suggest you get it running and try the script again before I do anything more as I can't just change the scripts to work for Natty as this will affect older versions of the app being used...

One of the music player scripts had "Get" prefixes added to properties fetching, it could be this one....I'm off to work now but if the methods I am calling are the same as the properties listed in d-feet but with a Get on the front it might just still work?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have a fresh installed Ubuntu 11.10. After running
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:conky-companions/ppa
    I can't find the package conkybanshee in synaptic!?

A
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install conkybanshee
    doesn't help either!

What I'm doing wrong?
    Last edited by savalas; October 15th, 2011 at 09:02 PM.
    Regards,...savalas "Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity." H.P. Lovecraft

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast