Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 0 AD on ubuntu?

Beans

0 AD on ubuntu?

Since 0 AD went opensource, has anyone been succesful in running it on ubuntu? their howto page is right here for the curious.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: 0 AD on ubuntu?

developers did

here are instructions step by step:

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

I followed the instructions on that link to the letter, and got a Big Pile O'Errors. Tiime to dig into the bug reports...

[Later] I just submitted a bug report. We'll see what happens.

Last edited by oldrocker99; July 27th, 2009 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Update

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

http://www.playdeb.net/updates/?testing=Y#0ad

might need to login and switch to the testing version to get it though

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Vadi View Post
    http://www.playdeb.net/updates/?testing=Y#0ad

might need to login and switch to the testing version to get it though
    don't see it any more... would like to try the game, but have been unable to build it correctly

when following the orders from the build page, the executable is not created... i guess i am missing some dependency

Beans

How to install: (warning it is in portuguese, use google translate or st )
    http://ubuntued.info/2009/08/0-a-d-u...potencial.html

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by 569874123 View Post
    How to install: (warning it is in portuguese, use google translate or st )
    http://ubuntued.info/2009/08/0-a-d-u...potencial.html
    thanks for the link, but it did not help... all goes well until the final make:

Code:
    [QUOTE]==== Building pyrogenesis ====
    Linking pyrogenesis
    ../../../binaries/system/liblowlevel_dbg.a(file_system.o): In function `boost::enable_if<boost::filesystem::is_basic_path<boost::filesystem::basic_path<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, boost::filesystem::path_traits> >, bool>::type boost::filesystem::exists<boost::filesystem::basic_path<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, boost::filesystem::path_traits> >(boost::filesystem::basic_path<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, boost::filesystem::path_traits> const&)':
    file_system.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost10filesystem6existsINS0_10basic_pathISsNS0_11path_traitsEEEEENS_9enable_ifINS0_13is_basic_pathIT_EEbE4typeERKS7_[boost::enable_if<boost::filesystem::is_basic_path<boost::filesystem::basic_path<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, boost::filesystem::path_traits> >, bool>::type boost::filesystem::exists<boost::filesystem::basic_path<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, boost::filesystem::path_traits> >(boost::filesystem::basic_path<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, boost::filesystem::path_traits> const&)]+0x32): undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::status_api(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int&)'
    ../../../binaries/system/liblowlevel_dbg.a(file_system.o): In function `boost::enable_if<boost::filesystem::is_basic_path<boost::filesystem::basic_path<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, boost::filesystem::path_traits> >, bool>::type boost::filesystem::is_directory<boost::filesystem::basic_path<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, boost::filesystem::path_traits> >(boost::filesystem::basic_path<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, boost::filesystem::path_traits> const&)':
    file_system.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost10filesystem12is_directoryINS0_10basic_pathISsNS0_11path_traitsEEEEENS_9enable_ifINS0_13is_basic_pathIT_EEbE4typeERKS7_[boost::enable_if<boost::filesystem::is_basic_path<boost::filesystem::basic_path<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, boost::filesystem::path_traits> >, bool>::type boost::filesystem::is_directory<boost::filesystem::basic_path<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, boost::filesystem::path_traits> >(boost::filesystem::basic_path<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, boost::filesystem::path_traits> const&)]+0x32): undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::status_api(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int&)'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[1]: *** [../../../binaries/system/pyrogenesis_dbg] Error 1
    make: *** [pyrogenesis] Error 2
    i guess the problem is in boost... should i purge libboost and try installing it again? anyone has any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

There's two version of boost in 9.04, (diffrent version) you can try the other one.

Beans
    Distro

Code:
    make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/include/boost/config/no_tr1/cmath.hpp', needed by `obj/network_Debug/NetServer.o'.  Stop.
    it seems i still have problems... this is with libboost1.35-dev

i wish someone would get it built on 9.04 and give guidance

Beans
    Distro

any luck?

if someone has build a deb for 9.10 karmic, i would be VERY glad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast