Thread: problem in installing Ubuntu 10.04

Beans

problem in installing Ubuntu 10.04

hi friends
    im new in ubuntu

in DL ubuntu 10.04 64bit desktop from this site and Write on CD
    i check it with md5sum: 3e0f72becd63cad79bf784ac2b34b448
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...63554&page=167

but when i boot my PC with this CD it go in firs Screen"show UBUNTU with 5 point under it"
    and do not go next

where is my problem?

sorry for my bad English

Please Help me
    I hate Windows

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: problem in installing Ubuntu 10.04

Exactly what iso did you download, and where did you download it from?

I checked the site's Release and Download page and checked the MD5SUMS directory a little way down the page. For the "ubuntu-10.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso" I got the following:

b4faa186c2419dc26e522e5f82e268a1
    Nowhere in that directory did I find anything similar to what you posted. I did, however, find your checksum posted in the thread (which was a Lucid testing thread). My suggestion would be to download it from the Release and Download page I linked to above then check it against the checksums in the directory I also linked to. Frankly, I would go for the torrent download. It's faster, and has error checking inherent with torrents. But check the MD5 Checksum anyway.

Also, are you sure your computer is 64-bit capable? You should get a message that it can't install if it isn't, but not necessarily.
    73 from Glenn - KG5UC "Mungo just pawn in game of Life"
    Bump Thread Post #39000 - How To Partition

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by chev_82 View Post
    I hate Windows
    You don't need that ticket! We would help you anyway.

But please provided your feed back first to what -kg- suggested.
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by varunendra View Post
    You don't need that ticket! We would help you anyway.
    Dear varunendra i dont say THAT for U and never accept help from every body who think Like U!!!
    I begging For help but never Lie for it!!!

Dear -kg- THx for answer
    I want Try again for DL Ubuntu with Torrent

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by chev_82 View Post
    Dear varunendra i dont say THAT for U and never accept help from every body who think Like U!!!
    I begging For help but never Lie for it!!!

Dear -kg- THx for answer
    I want Try again for DL Ubuntu with Torrent
    Okay, I apologize.
    I thought it was humor, didn't realize it could be offending to someone. That would be the last thing I'd ever do intentionally on this forum.

Now if I may.....-

Given the symptoms in your first post, it may be a hardware issue as well. So it'd be nice if you could provide your hardware details in your next post.

Hope I'm forgiven!
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I have an apology to make...for not thinking.

I was reviewing this thread and realized that the available distro was version 10.04.1, which is an updated version of Lucid. You likely downloaded the 10.04 version (without the .1).

I downloaded the same version back a few weeks after it was released (it was a good download and is what I installed this with), so I pulled my .iso up and checked the md5 sum against what you posted. It matched.

What this means is that it should have worked for you, since the checksum matched what you downloaded. All the ".1" release is is Lucid with the updates up to the date of that release, and I'm already at that level, since I've applied all updates as they came out.

Varunendra is likely right that there may be hardware issues with your computer. Further troubleshooting may be necessary to find out why you can boot no further than the boot splash screen.

The problem could be anything from a bad burn on the CD (A good checksum doesn't mean the CD will burn right. Did you burn it at the slowest speed possible? Did the burn confirm? It is also possible that you just had a bad CD and the next one you burn will be good.) to a misconfiguration for your system (for instance, some computers require "noacpi" to boot correctly) to (Heaven forfend) hardware problems.

Why is it that you "hate Windows"? Was that a general statement, or has it been misbehaving badly lately? If it has been misbehaving, it might be due to hardware that has malfunctioned.

If your download still doesn't correct the problem and you return here, we will need to know your hardware configuration so we know what you're dealing with. If you are successful, congratulations! We will always be here for further support with any issues you may have.
    73 from Glenn - KG5UC "Mungo just pawn in game of Life"
    Bump Thread Post #39000 - How To Partition

Beans

Special Thx to every friends who help me

I DL another ubuntu (32bit) and it work goooooooooooooooood

THX
    THX
    THX
    THX