About a year ago I built a Vista Media Centre for my bedroom, all was going well until last week when my disc died so I thought I would try out MythBuntu (9) with my new HDD
The installation was all really simple (which was great), but I have encountered some configuration problems, and I hope that some of the members of this forum will be able to help out.
The main problem is my DVB-T card has not been detected in Ubuntu, it is the Hauppage pvr150 (it is the MCE edition with the remote, will this make a difference, is it usable in MythTV?). So I would appreciate some instructions to help me find out what the problem is, as I really want the TV on my media centre ^_^
Although I am computer literate, this is the first time that I have dealt with Linux (was a windows boy up until now), but the look and feel of MythTV has really drawn me in so would really like to get this working. So a bit of patience in regards to the instructions that you may supply for Linux will be appreciated.
Also, all of my current media which I have collected over the past year is on a drive in my windows machine, is it as simple as chucking the drive into my Linux box to be able to access all of the media? or will Linux not recognise it?
The current build is:
- Antec Fusion V2 MATX MediaCenter Case - Aluminium Front Bezel with 430W PSU
- Samsung SpinPoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB Hard Drive SATAII *32MB Cache* - OEM
- Crucial 2GB kit (2x1GB) DDR2 667MHz/PC2-5300 Memory
- ASUS M3N78-EMH HDMI GeForce 8200 Socket AM2+ onboard graphics 8 channel audio mATX Motherboard
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ 2.9GHz Socket AM2 512KBx2 L2 Cache OEM Processor
- Hauppauge WinTV PVR150 MCE TV FM Tuner With Hardware Mpeg2 Encoder Composite S-video Capture Card