Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How To: Setup DOD Common Access Card (CAC) for service portals

Beans

Re: How To: Setup DOD Common Access Card (CAC) for service portals

I got it to work on one computer, but I am have trouble with firefox on another and I think it is something I have done. Can anyone help me fix it.

In Firefox I went to the >>edit>preferences>>Advanced>>encryption and added one of the /usr/lib/pkcs11/libcoolkeypk11.a modules. It worked and then I thought I named it wrong so I unloaded the module. When I tried to reload it (or any other) I get an unable to load module error.
    I tried rebooting, reinstalling firefox, downloading the modules again. reinstalling koolkey, and nothing seemed to work.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks

Beans

I got it to work. I did a complete removal of coolkey in synaptic and then reinstalled it then removed and replaced the card and it seemed to work. I think the certs might have been on the card from the other install so I am not sure what fixed it.

Beans

Awesome, I'm setting up an AKO Resource for Ubuntu, maybe I'll get questions and I can research how to fix them. I'm going to make a tutorial on how to create VPN connections and using CAC Reader in Ubuntu Jaunty, I'll be sure to give credit back to this thread, thanks a lot!!!!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by zz97 View Post
    Has anyone successfully gotten this to work with Ubuntu Jaunty 64-bit?

I've installed the required packages--no problem there. And pcsc_scan says everything's fine.

But when I try to load the security module libcoolkeypk11.so, Firefox "freezes" and stops responding. If I insert and remove the CAC a few times it will come back to life.

But then if I try to access an https:// site, things don't work. It will attempt to connect to the site for a minute or two, then (sometimes) eventually ask for my master password, but entering the pin has yet to actually get me into a site.

I get the same basic result with both Firefox 3.0 and Firefox 3.5.

My card reader is an SCR3310 v2.0.

Any ideas?
    Hey I have Ubuntu Jaunty 64, and Firefox 3.0, and the same card reader... I followed the instructions and it worked flawlessly. I create CAC Cards for the entire military (I'm a DEERS Rep in the Army), check and make sure your card isn't blocked/locked from trying the wrong PIN too many times. It may need to be reset, and get the DEERS Rep to update your credentials and certifications... it may help.

Beans

Hello,

My company just switch to CAC cards and I'm trying to get it to work on 9.04 Xubuntu.

I installed everything using apt-get and when I do pcsc_scan my card is found.

When I go to firfox 3.5 though I'm having issues. I loaded the module and my reader is found but the status is "Not Present" even when the card is inserted. I have tried this using a SCR3310 reader and an HP Smart Car Terminal Keyboard, Both give me:
    Code:
    Status          Not Present
    Description     SCM SCR 3310 [HP USB Smart Card]
    Manufacturer    Unknown
    HW Version      255.255
    FW Version      0.0
    Has anyone else had this issue? Any idea what is going wrong?

Thanks.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by arich57 View Post
    Hello,

My company just switch to CAC cards and I'm trying to get it to work on 9.04 Xubuntu.

I installed everything using apt-get and when I do pcsc_scan my card is found.

When I go to firfox 3.5 though I'm having issues. I loaded the module and my reader is found but the status is "Not Present" even when the card is inserted. I have tried this using a SCR3310 reader and an HP Smart Car Terminal Keyboard, Both give me:
    Code:
    Status          Not Present
    Description     SCM SCR 3310 [HP USB Smart Card]
    Manufacturer    Unknown
    HW Version      255.255
    FW Version      0.0
    Has anyone else had this issue? Any idea what is going wrong?

Thanks.
    Also just tried it with a SCR 331 updated to latest firmware. Still no go.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Mole,
    Thank you for posting this! Followed your directions and the install went flawless. I just used my CAC to log into NMCI email using Firefox on Ubuntu Jaunty. NKO works as well and now I'm off to see if the DTS travel claim website works. If it does, then my XP partition will be a gone pecan!! Thanks again!
    -John

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I am having trouble. I am running Ubuntu 9.10 i386 and have the SCR331 card. I performed the apt-get line you suggested and it seemed to execute without incident; however, when I try to execute pcsc_scan, I get the response "SCardEstablishContext: Service not available" Where have I gone wrong?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlanus View Post
    I am having trouble. I am running Ubuntu 9.10 i386 and have the SCR331 card. I performed the apt-get line you suggested and it seemed to execute without incident; however, when I try to execute pcsc_scan, I get the response "SCardEstablishContext: Service not available" Where have I gone wrong?
    The pcsc daemon is not running. Either reboot are start manually

Code:
    sudo /etc/init.d/pcscd start
    -Aaron

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Talking Re: How To: Setup DOD Common Access Card (CAC) for service portals

Worked great for me! Thanks for posting it!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast