Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MSI X340 slim - install review

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: MSI X340 slim - install review

Does anyone have suspend and hibernate working correctly on msi x340 and Lucid?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

YES! All are working Perfectly (Suspend & Hibernate)!!!

Beans

Does anybody know if Asus N61JQ with core i7 and ATI 5730 will work on Ubuntu?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have been reading this thread, and I have a very basic question regarding the install of Ubuntu on the X340.

Can't I just use an external DVD Drive and boot the Ubuntu live CD from there and install?

Is it necessary to go through the USB disk route?

I am actually planning to buy the x340 and I already have an external DVD drive. I am sure that the bios has the option to set the boot device to DVD/CD drive right!

Correct me if I am wrong so that I don't end up having to fight during install

Beans

I did that the day before yesterday. Worked fine.

Edit:
    Has anyone tried out the bluetooth? I just noticed that its not working on my x340 with 10.04!
    Last edited by ddarko; July 8th, 2010 at 12:07 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by ddarko View Post
    I did that the day before yesterday. Worked fine.
    That's great! So no need to mess around with Bootable USBs and stuff.

Beans

Working with ubuntu 10.04 on my x340 i now noticed some bugs. Does someone have problems with bluetooth? The Fn+F9 combination doesn't work, no word in dmesg. The second thing is, when i deplug the power cable, it always shows up a notification, saying that it failed to go in suspend/hibbernation mode and my accu power is enough for 2min. After clicking cancel to all, its still running and the accu-meter says 2hours power left.

Any suggestions?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ddarko View Post
    Working with ubuntu 10.04 on my x340 i now noticed some bugs. Does someone have problems with bluetooth? The Fn+F9 combination doesn't work, no word in dmesg. The second thing is, when i deplug the power cable, it always shows up a notification, saying that it failed to go in suspend/hibbernation mode and my accu power is enough for 2min. After clicking cancel to all, its still running and the accu-meter says 2hours power left.

Any suggestions?
    I experience same bug. Just google it, and you will find the way to disable this policy as a quick fix.

Beans

Anyone get the x340 to overclock? It would be nice to watch some full screen youtube videos without it freezing. I know its been a long time since this laptop was published but it would still be fun.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

From the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct.
    If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
    Thread closed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123