Thread: Usplash (boot screen) won't load on my sisters monitor but will on mine.

Beans

Unhappy Usplash (boot screen) won't load on my sisters monitor but will on mine.

Okay so my sister has a Toshiba Television that also functions as a monitor. But the thing is when I had Ubuntu Intrepid installed on her computer, you could see the boot screen and grub, but then the screen spazed out during usplash and you could not see the ubuntu loading screen. Then after it boots, the screen still black you can hear the famous login screen sound. After you login (screen still black) the screen suddenly changes to the default brown after login and then loads the desktop. But when I plug in my monitor (standard vga same as hers) it boots normally.

Now I'm trying to install Xubuntu 9.04 via unetbootin on hers and after I select it as a boot device usplash works perfectly but the desktop doesn't load now. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be excellent.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Usplash (boot screen) won't load on my sisters monitor but will on mine.

The most probable cause of your problem is that your trying to use a TV as monitor. Apparently this TV does not support the resolution you are using.

Solution: Try a different Resolution
    When in doubt try this >>>

Beans

Re: Usplash (boot screen) won't load on my sisters monitor but will on mine.

Now that I think about it the title is a bit misleading. Now i'm trying to get my Xubuntu 9.04 to load, there's nothing wrong with my bootable device. I think it's the tv res causing the problem like you said, but now the desktop won't load, so the problem is on a higher level now as far as I know. So how would I go about changing the res with booting into the gui?