Thread: New Site (which is the old site)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Exclamation New Site (which is the old site)

Hey all,

The site address is staying the same but we have a new layout and its using Drupal.

Check it out at http://dc.ubuntu-us.org/

~BCurtisWX

Beans

Re: New Site (which is the old site)

Is there any way I can register at the dc.ubuntu-us.org site? I couldn't find anything...

I'm a Silver Spring, Marylander, but want to get involved. DC is not too far to go.

Another question, though... What the heck is a "bug jam." Sounds messy.

-- Chuck

Beans

Okay, I did a little more snooping, and stumbled across the meaning of a bug jam. So, we sit around and fix bugs. That's something I'd like to be involved in. I have 25+ years of programming experience, although my C and C++ skills are rusty by now (I've been doing Java for 10+ years now).

So, somebody please put me to work somewhere! Some launchpad mentoring will be necessary, as I am a complete noob. Are there any good eBooks, tutorials, etc. that I can use for self-study?

-- Chuck

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Glenn View Post
    Okay, I did a little more snooping, and stumbled across the meaning of a bug jam. So, we sit around and fix bugs. That's something I'd like to be involved in. I have 25+ years of programming experience, although my C and C++ skills are rusty by now (I've been doing Java for 10+ years now).

So, somebody please put me to work somewhere! Some launchpad mentoring will be necessary, as I am a complete noob. Are there any good eBooks, tutorials, etc. that I can use for self-study?

-- Chuck
    You might want to take a look at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/HowToTriage
    This APT has Super Cow Powers.