Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disable Automatic Saving of Firefox Tabs on Logout/Shutdown

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Disable Automatic Saving of Firefox Tabs on Logout/Shutdown

I believe I already tried that, too. It used to be an issue, that when you logged out of Ubuntu, firefox treated it as a crash/kill, and next time you started it up, it would say.."Your last Firefox session closed unexpectedly..." and so on. That issue was fixed in the last release or so(but replaced by the feature which I wish to disable).

Changing that key you mentioned would make it so it never resumes from crashes, which isn't really satisfactory either.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Disable Automatic Saving of Firefox Tabs on Logout/Shutdown

I suspect that logging out sends a kill signal to Firefox, like a normal close would, but then there is no input to confirm whether to save the session or not, so Firefox does so, just to be on the safe side. Since you've already killed the ability to save the session by your "circumvention," I would be tempted to remove your rm line and instead disable the save session dialogue. That way, when you do want to save your session you still can, by selecting the "windows and tabs from last time" option. And when you don't, you'll have your normal clean setting, even when you log off without closing Firefox.
    None but ourselves can free our minds

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12