Thread: key ring password

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

key ring password

I just installed Ubuntu on my Dad's Gateway Laptop. Seeing as how my Dad does not like passwords, I have it set to auto login. However when the system tries to auto connect to his WiFi network it asks him for the keyring password.

This is not the password to the WiFi network. Its the password for the keyring. It will connect to the WiFi network just fine once you type the password but the goal is for him not have to type a password.

I have a Dell laptop and it auto connects to my WiFi w/o asking for a password. The only difference between mine and his that mine is not set to auto log in.

Beans
    Distro

Re: key ring password

Go to Applications/accesories/passwords and encriptions, click on the password tab and the right click on the the password shown in the box. Type in your password and leave the other two blank. Save the hit the change button ane exit. You will get a message telling you what will happen. This should take care of your problem.
    Six Saturdays a week for me.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by lindsay7 View Post
    Go to Applications/accesories/passwords and encriptions, click on the password tab and the right click on the the password shown in the box. Type in your password and leave the other two blank. Save the hit the change button ane exit. You will get a message telling you what will happen. This should take care of your problem.
    Not sure where you are suggesting I go once I have opened the password tab.

Beans
    Distro

see this, and do what I put in the first post.

Attachment 120810
    Last edited by lindsay7; October 16th, 2010 at 04:19 PM.
    Six Saturdays a week for me.