Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem in sound on Presario CQ61

Beans

Arrow Problem in sound on Presario CQ61

Hi,

I hope there's anyone can help me regarding on my HP laptop Presario CQ61. I'm using ubuntu 9.04 my problem is there's a speaker icon but there's no sound even I adjust the volume in 100%. Anyone can help me.. I'm also newly user of ubuntu and I want to learn I hope there's someone can guide me or give me the command in terminal to update my sound driver.. Thank you in advance and I really appreciate it if you can help me with this matter.

Best Regards

Beans

Re: Problem in sound on Presario CQ61

ICEBOX - I had exactly the same problem! But I have just fixed it after several hours of pulling my hair out. I had tried everything I could think of, as well as lots of solutions other people had suggested, including installing the latest version if Alsa from source etc. Nothing worked, until I found these four lines on another forum. Simply paste them at the end of /etc/modules.d/alsa-base.conf and save it.

options snd slots=snd-hda-intel
    options snd-hda-intel model=hp-m4
    alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
    options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=1

Restart the computer and you should get sound out of the speakers as well as the headphone socket.

drbongo

Beans

I have a similar problem, I have just got a Compaq Presario CQ61-135TU purchased specifically to run Ubuntu Linux or similar I can load Ubuntu but no joy getting the sound card or wireless internet working or (Web cam or Data card these are not so important)can anyone help me please **get the right drivers to get the sound card or wireless internet working?**

Beans

Compaq Presario CQ61-135TU has the same issue with sound NOTHING THERE and internet does not recognize the wireless card

Beans

My wireless card works after I used this command.

sudo apt-get install linux-backports-modules-jaunty

Works like a charm now

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by drbongo View Post
    ICEBOX - I had exactly the same problem! But I have just fixed it after several hours of pulling my hair out. I had tried everything I could think of, as well as lots of solutions other people had suggested, including installing the latest version if Alsa from source etc. Nothing worked, until I found these four lines on another forum. Simply paste them at the end of /etc/modules.d/alsa-base.conf and save it.

Restart the computer and you should get sound out of the speakers as well as the headphone socket.

drbongo
    Many thanks!
    Worked perfectly for me!

Beans

drbongo

Many thanks Drbongo,
    I had this problem: I got sound only through the headphones, but not through the speakers.
    Don't know if this problem is realted to the installation of thenvidia beta driver version 185.19 for my videocard Nvidia Geforce g103 m.
    After installing that driver I noticed that sound worked only through the headphones.
    Then I followed your instructions and added the four lines to "/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf", without success.
    Then I followed this link http://monespaceperso.org/blog-en/20...tu-jaunty-904/
    and upgraded my alsa version, still without success.
    I pulled many times my hair out and wanted to give up.
    Then I followed yuor instructions a second time, and ....
    incredible...
    it works!!!

Audio now comes out through the speakers too!
    Now I'm trying to configure dual-head with rotation of the external screen. Any suggestions?

fotonic

Beans

drbongo

VERY IMPORTANT!!!

There is a typo in this solution.

Code:
    /etc/modules.d/alsa-base.conf
    Thats wrong.
    The correct place is

Code:
    /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
    So basically upgrading to the latest alsa and adding the above four lines to the correct file will make the speakers work.

I've had a few rough hours until I found the typo, but many thanks to drbongo for helping us Linux newbies with our problems.

Beans

You do not have the permissions necessary to save the file. Please check that you typed the location correctly and try again

what that mean and why it comes when i tried to save the file after update it

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by abusamra View Post
    You do not have the permissions necessary to save the file. Please check that you typed the location correctly and try again

what that mean and why it comes when i tried to save the file after update it
    Code:
    sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
    replace gedit with kate if using Kubuntu

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast