Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't Boot After Upgrading To 2.6.31

Beans

Re: Can't Boot After Upgrading To 2.6.31

i setup SSH so i can keep retrying now
    Last edited by synace; July 10th, 2009 at 01:59 AM.

Beans

tried yours. touch is much more responsive now & right-mouse click works on the pen THANKS!!! =D>=D>.

i added my final file here for reference. works for me.

- HP Tx2z
    - Ubuntu 9.04 + all updates as of 2009/07/09
    - flgrx proprietary drivers
    - patched (downgraded minor version) kernel (http://linuxfans.betaserver.org/pack...3.44_amd64.deb http://linuxfans.betaserver.org/pack...3.44_amd64.deb)
    - supplied xorg.conf file
    Code:
    # HP tx2z N-trig touch & digitizer pen as right-click
    # Uses patched kernel from Ayuthia at ubuntuforums.org:
    #    http://linuxfans.betaserver.org/packages/linux-image-2.6.28-13-generic_2.6.28-13.44_amd64.deb
    #    http://linuxfans.betaserver.org/packages/linux-headers-2.6.28-13-generic_2.6.28-13.44_amd64.deb
    # NOTE: order of items is significant. do not re-arrange.

Section "InputDevice"
    	Identifier	"stylus"
    	Driver		"wacom"
    	Option		"Device" "/dev/input/by-path/pci-0000:00:14.5-usb-0:2:1.0-event-mouse"
    	Option		"Type"		"stylus"
    	Option		"USB"		"on"
    	Option		"Button2"	"3"	# make stylus button R mouse click
    EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    	Identifier	"touch"
    	Driver		"wacom"
    	Option		"Device" "/dev/input/by-path/pci-0000:00:14.5-usb-0:2:1.0-event-mouse"
    	Option		"Type"		"touch"
    	Option		"USB"		"on"
    	Option		"Touch"		"on"
    	Option		"TopX"		"0"
    	Option		"TopY"		"0"
    	Option		"BottomX"	"9600"
    	Option		"BottomY"	"7200"
    EndSection

Section "Device"
    	Identifier	"Configured Video Device"
    	Driver		"fglrx"
    EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    	Identifier	"Configured Monitor"
    EndSection

Section "Screen"
    	Identifier	"Default Screen"
    	Monitor		"Configured Monitor"
    	Device		"Configured Video Device"
    	DefaultDepth	24
    EndSection

Section "Module"
    	Load		"glx"
    	Load		"dri"
    EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
            Identifier      "Default Layout"
            Screen          "Default Screen"
    	InputDevice	"stylus"	"SendCoreEvents"
    	InputDevice	"touch"		"SendCoreEvents"
    EndSection
    Last edited by synace; July 10th, 2009 at 01:59 AM.

Beans

i notice that palm still activates touch in presence of the digitizer, though, the digitize seems to take precedent as the preferred position of the cursor. is this the whole driver issue that was discussed (the coordinates are sent to the wacom driver before the input device)?

what were the results of your investigations into having stylus input activity disable the touch input activity?

Beans

i have to roll for now. tomorrow i'll try to tackle rotation.. (broken rotation w/ fglrx + compiz? )

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi synace,

You are welcome.

Order may or may not apply only to stylus then touch. May be more due to which section has coordinates. "ServerLayout" generally should be at the end, although the "Module" section could probably come after.

Right, problem may be due to N-trig firmware sending before device identified.

Looks like you're caught up to where we are.

So do we need Rafi or who ever to reorder, identifying device (stylus, touch) first.

Only other options are the ones listed. Try 0.8.3-x wacom.ko or mess with the parameters.

So if you want to investigate and find out something maybe post to the other thread.

Edit: Yes, rotation doesn't work with Compiz and "fglrx", that's why I have the Compiz_off_Rotation script above the TX2z & XT xorg.conf. Keyboard stops working or other bizarre stuff. Rotation is fine without Compiz as long as you've run the aticonfig command.
    Last edited by Favux; July 10th, 2009 at 02:14 AM.

Beans

thanks for your help. i was reading somewhere about the ability to adjust the sensitivity of the 'touch' driver. right now, i really have to nail on it, with something fine-point like a fingernail. touching does not work so much as tapping.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi synace,

Right:
    Code:
    Option "Capacity" "number"
    from LWP HOWTO here: http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/in...howto/inputdev It seems like it should work for N-trig, but Nimless said it wasn't.

Beans

no change between the two. (-1 vs 5)

i find that:

one finger, tapping = 50% responsive

two fingers (index middle) together, 70% responsive, cursor centered between

one finger, tapping and sliding about 1cm then releasing (sort of a radial tap) 90% responsive, 50% dragging.

i tried playing with the following settings (in both the stylus & touch input devices):

# Option "Threshold" "15" # no effect from 5 to 25 (not sure of possible range)
    # Option "Capacity" "3" # no effect from -1 to 5

no noticeable difference was made
    Last edited by synace; July 10th, 2009 at 04:01 PM.

Beans

Favux,

I've got xrandr -o normal & xrandr -o right working w/ fglrx & metacity.

I've tried to determine if there is a way to support auto-rotation based on input from the button triggered when you physically rotate the tablet, and/or the panel buttons (rotate, checkmark, gear), but the only information I can find is a patch for kernel 2.6.30. I'm locked to the patched 2.6.28-13.44 kernel at this time. Do I have any chance of seeing input from those panel buttons or the physical rotation indicator?

also, i've got wacomrotate, but i'm not sure i understand it's purpose. xrandr -o right seems that everything works. (ok.. nvm, maybe it's because of wacomrotate.. it's running )

i've bound Shift+Control+Alt+R to the rotate script i found & modified:

/usr/local/bin/trotate
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh 

# Find the line in "xrandr -q --verbose" output that contains current screen orientation and "strip" out current orientation. 
    rotation="$(xrandr -q --verbose | grep 'connected' | egrep -o  '\) (normal|left|inverted|right) \(' | egrep -o '(normal|left|inverted|right)')" 

# Using current screen orientation proceed to rotate screen and input tools. 
    case "$rotation" in 
        normal) 
        # rotate to the left 
        # start metacity
        metacity --replace &
        xrandr -o left 
        ;; 

left) 
        # rotate to inverted 
        xrandr -o inverted 
        ;; 

inverted) 
        # rotate to the right 
        xrandr -o right 
        ;; 

right) 
        # rotate to normal 
        xrandr -o normal 
        # start compiz
        compiz --replace &
        ;; 
    esac
    Last edited by synace; July 10th, 2009 at 06:06 PM. Reason: added trotate script

Beans

since a fresh reboot touch works flawlessly now, light touches = input! investigating...

as soon as the digitizer first interacts with the screen my touch input goes back to spotty.

note, while trying to highlight text in the terminal, the cursor bounces around to a few positions on the screen. open terminal, highlight some text.. watch. bounce every 2/3 seconds. i've seen 3-5 consistent positions so far.

after bringing in the digitizer pen, the touch responsiveness goes back to about 50% and the cursor bouncing is still present. so, the bouncing has nothing to do w/ touch or digitizer, it's present in both.

the touch responsiveness goes down to about 50% once the digitizer is first used.

thoughts?
    Last edited by synace; July 10th, 2009 at 06:10 PM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast