I've been waiting for this. Yay!

http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/firefox-3.5

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Firefox 3.5 final moved to Universe repository

About a week late there

http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changel...04.1/changelog

Also, firefox-3.5 has been in jaunty since early May, it just wasn't the final build. (Probably shows up as Shiretoko even now, since the Ubuntu patches have to be approved by Mozilla to have it officially branded.)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by jacobmp92 View Post
    Also, firefox-3.5 has been in jaunty since early May, it just wasn't the final build.
    Yeah. I'm aware of that. Just been waiting for the 'final'.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Firefox 3.5 package from Jaunty Universe repositories have been update to final release, although it won't be branded Firefox, because is not the official Firefox package. Which means Firefox 3.0.11 probably won't be updated to 3.5 in Jaunty, but you still can run this version using the Shiretoko brand.

If you don't like the Shiretoko name then uninstall it and and install the official Firefox 3.5 from Mozilla.

The 4 most popular methods of installation of Firefox 3.5 (Psychocats, Ubuntuzilla, Repository, Shiretoko/Swiftfox) are available in the "Install Other Versions" section of the Firefox optimization and troubleshooting thread. I personally tested all of them and they work like a charm, but I recommend methods 1 (Psychocats) and 2 (Ubuntuzilla).

Keep in mind that Shiretoko automatically copy user profiles from ~/.mozilla/firefox to the folder ~/.mozilla/firefox-3.5

Beans

What's with people's obsession with a name? I just don't get it.

Instead of installing FF-3.5 from the repos, I see people everywhere using different methods to install firefox outside of package management, wildly setting symlinks, etc. just because of a name you can easily change.

Now, the first rule of managing a linux installation is that you avoid installing software outside of package-management as much as you can. And not installing something that actually is in the repos because of something that takes 30 seconds to change, simply is a very, very bad idea!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Closed_Port View Post
    What's with people's obsession with a name? I just don't get it.

Instead of installing FF-3.5 from the repos, I see people everywhere using different methods to install firefox outside of package management, wildly setting symlinks, etc. just because of a name you can easily change.

Now, the first rule of managing a linux installation is that you avoid installing software outside of package-management as much as you can. And not installing something that actually is in the repos because of something that takes 30 seconds to change, simply is a very, very bad idea!
    Not to mention that there are entire threads complaining about the Shiretoko name

I personally think is silly, but I guess most people complaining don't understand that it is the same application. Anyways, I'm just providing the available methods and explaining the difference to avoid more threads complaining about Shiretoko. I guess I have OCPD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

huh?
    Is still beta 4 version according to changelog.

way to get me excited for nothing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Off topic - 3.5 is awesome.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by andrewabc View Post
    huh?
    Is still beta 4 version according to changelog.

way to get me excited for nothing.
    I just installed it and nowhere does it say this is a beta version. The About dialog says it is version 3.5. The changelog is probably not yet updated.
    Ubuntu 12.04

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jespdj View Post
    I just installed it and nowhere does it say this is a beta version. The About dialog says it is version 3.5. The changelog is probably not yet updated.
    I also installed here just to check if the information of the update was correct. The Add/Remove manager also displays beta, but it's not, it's 3.5 final release.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast