Thread: What is the best way to transfer music to iPhone OS 2.2.1 on Ubuntu today?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

What is the best way to transfer music to iPhone OS 2.2.1 on Ubuntu today?

At this time of writing, the current iPhone OS is 3.0 but syncing isn't possible on Ubuntu yet. I don't know how long it is going to take but I still decided to downgrade to 2.2.1.

I have an iPod Touch 2g 16gb. To my best knowledge, I followed the instructions from https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Po...Devices/iPhone correctly. However, whenever I run
    Code:
    sudo ipod-touch-mount
    I get
    Code:
    ssh: connect to host ipod port 22: No route to host
    read: Connection reset by peer

What did I do wrong? I wasn't able to install the BSD Subsystem package because Installer doesn't seem to work anymore. I installed openssh from Cydia and I suppose that it should satisfy the requirements for the instructions of installing openssh and BSD Subsystem from Installer.

I set 192.168.1.33 as the static IP address. I just noticed that it disabled internet access in my iPod. Any idea why? What is a right IP address to use for this purpose? Other adds don't remain static.

Syncing the old iPhone firmware is still tricky for me even if it has been out for a while. What could be the most sophisticated way to transfer music using Ubuntu? I really can't stand iTunes.

EDIT:
    If it makes a difference, my wifi router is connected to a wired router.
    Last edited by wersdaluv; July 6th, 2009 at 05:03 PM.
    MacBook Air 3,1 128gb | Fujitsu Esprimo U9200 | Google Nexus One

Pinoy ka ba? | Google Profile | Twitter: @AllanCaeg| Identi.ca: allancaeg