Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Acer aspire one za3 graphics problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Acer aspire one za3 graphics problem

yepp, that's the one.

karmic is the next release of ubuntu (9.10), and one of its main goals is to better support netbooks.

btw, have you had any problems with the microphone on yours? because i can seem to get it to work....

thanks,

jherskow

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jherskow View Post
    yepp, that's the one.

karmic is the next release of ubuntu (9.10), and one of its main goals is to better support netbooks.

btw, have you had any problems with the microphone on yours? because i can seem to get it to work....

thanks,

jherskow

Oh woops, didn't know the name of the release. Yeah I figured they would fix most things in a future release. The funny thing is that I installed the netbook remix of ubuntu first, and it was much worse.

I haven't tried the microphone yet, are you referring to the mic next to the webcam or the line-in jack?

Beans
    Distro

The funny thing is that I installed the netbook remix of ubuntu first, and it was much worse.
    yeah, me too. but i wonder wether it will work now with the fix u gave me

I haven't tried the microphone yet, are you referring to the mic next to the webcam or the line-in jack?
    the mic next to the webcam, i tried some of the stuff on the help page, but no luck.

Beans
    Distro

now that the graphics problem s fixed, the unr interface works fine!!!
    im gonna use the classic nyway, but i figured id let you know

Beans

My graphics died again!? I'm guessing it happened after a recent automatic update? Have you experience any problems lately?

Basically I start up and after the ubuntu loading screen I just get a blank screen. I'm getting some error message with explains that "the poulsbo driver requires drm". But it looks like the 2 packages (libdrm, libdrm-poulsbo1) are conflicting.

Maybe I need to start a new thread?

Beans

Question Re: Acer aspire one za3 graphics problem

Quote Originally Posted by p.herewini View Post
    RESOLVED!

After trying all-sorts of bug-fixes including adding enable_mtrr_cleanup mtrr_spare_reg_nr=1 to grub I finally stumbled onto this ridiculously simple solution:

1. If you haven't got the native 1366x768 resolution working yet, try this:

2. FIXED FULLSCREEN VIDEO PLAYBACK FOR ME:
    Applications > Synaptic > Install the following
    psb-kernel-headers
    psb-firmware
    poulsbo-driver-3d
    poulsbo-driver-2d
    xpsb-glx
    psb-modules

I'm not experienced enough to know exactly what each of these packages do, but after installing these and restarting, fullscreen video FINALLY started working smoothly.

and this works for the aao za3? i saw evrywhere else that there wont be an update for the video card in this system.. i have the same problem and now im a little hesitant to mess with the problem cause when i did last time it reverted my system to a permanent dev mode terminal and i couldnt access x at all..

Beans

Thumbs down Re: Acer aspire one za3 graphics problem

I too am using an Acer Aspire One 751H and found the following on another forum. Works like a champ!

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    [restart]
    sudo wget http://gma500re.altervista.org/scripts/poulsbo_ppa.sh && sh ./poulsbo_ppa.sh

Cheers
    Jim

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by flhtguy View Post
    I too am using an Acer Aspire One 751H and found the following on another forum. Works like a champ!

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    [restart]
    sudo wget http://gma500re.altervista.org/scripts/poulsbo_ppa.sh && sh ./poulsbo_ppa.sh

Cheers
    Jim
    ¡¡GREAT!!!!!

Now I can see videos at full screen without problems, also in youtube, and I can see pictures in their normal proportions (I won't look like a fatty boy any more )

Thank you very much, Jim!!!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by p.herewini View Post
    RESOLVED!

After trying all-sorts of bug-fixes including adding enable_mtrr_cleanup mtrr_spare_reg_nr=1 to grub I finally stumbled onto this ridiculously simple solution:

1. If you haven't got the native 1366x768 resolution working yet, try this:

2. FIXED FULLSCREEN VIDEO PLAYBACK FOR ME:
    Applications > Synaptic > Install the following
    psb-kernel-headers
    psb-firmware
    poulsbo-driver-3d
    poulsbo-driver-2d
    xpsb-glx
    psb-modules

I'm not experienced enough to know exactly what each of these packages do, but after installing these and restarting, fullscreen video FINALLY started working smoothly.
    Hey. I am new to ubuntu and am trying to get the hang of entering all this information. I am extremely familiar with windows but the new platform is a bit confusing for me. I've tried adding to the source.list but all I have is source.list.save which is a read only file. I am running the 9.10 version dual boot with the za3 and am running into the slow menu. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks!

Beans

ok i figured out how to add it all in but when i am in the terminal and i enter sudo apt-get install... it comes up with an error message that says
    "The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    xserver-xorg-video-psb: Depends: libdrm-poulsbol but it is not going to be installed"

What does this mean??
    thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast