Thread: Songbird 1.2 & emesene-crazy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Wink Songbird 1.2 & emesene-crazy

A few weeks ago, I installed Songbird 1.2. It is really really a lot better than the previous version But, I found out that most plugins weren't updated yet. To fix that, download the latest version of the plugin, open the .xpi with archive manager (I'm running Ubuntu, don't know what is the name of the app that does that in other distros), open install.rdf and change one of the last lines so that it reads:
    Code:
    em:maxVersion="1.2.0"
    Do this at your own risk!

And now, what I considered most important, is to get the currentsong plugin working. Note: I'm running emesene-crazy. This is what I did:
    Code:
    1. Go to addons.songbirdnest.com and look for DBusBird, download the latest version

2. Open the .xpi with archive manager

3. Open the file "install.rdf" with gedit, change one of the last lines that says "em:maxVersion>1.1.1" and change it to "em:maxVersion>1.2.0". Save. A window will prompt, click on update.

4. After the update, close both gedit and archive manager. Drag the updated .xpi to your songbird addon's list, install and restart.

5. Download http://rapidshare.com/files/15388650...ne.tar.gz.html and extract, copy the files inside the folder to /usr/share/python-support/emesene/plugins_base/currentSong/

6. Restart emesene, and configure the current song plugin :P

I hope this will work for someone else as well!
    Last edited by monikgtr; July 2nd, 2009 at 05:58 PM.

Beans

Thumbs down It works

It really works! I'm using Jaunty, Songbird 1.2 and emesene crazy and it works...

thank you for the post.. =D>

Beans
    Distro

Re: It works

I'm now running LinuxMint 7 and this works too!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Songbird 1.2 & emesene-crazy

I tired a lot of things, none of them worked eventually i just installed the livetweeter plug-in for songbird, just install it from within songbird by going to the plug-in tab and search for it there.

Beans

tried this in arch, works like a charm. except the directory changes from
    /usr/share/python-support/emesene/plugins_base/currentSong/ to /usr/share/emesene/plugins_base/currentSong.

Beans
    Distro

I re-installed Mint Gloria today, and odd.. but the directory has changed to the last one you referred. :O

Quote Originally Posted by Akedz View Post
    tried this in arch, works like a charm. except the directory changes from
    /usr/share/python-support/emesene/plugins_base/currentSong/ to /usr/share/emesene/plugins_base/currentSong.

Edit:
    The reason why the directory had changed was because I forgot to install emesene crazy and just installed emesene 1.0 from the repos. Didn't notice untill I couldn't find some features xD
    Last edited by monikgtr; September 5th, 2009 at 04:03 AM.