Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Shiretoko

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Shiretoko

Quote Originally Posted by TeoK View Post
    as a result of this thoughtlessness, Firefox 3.5 is available to just about anybody (for about month now) but Ubuntu users...
    What's stopping you from going to mozilla.com and downloading Firefox 3.5 that way? Or downloading it through the repositories and using User Agent Switcher to have it identify itself to websites as Firefox?

There's nothing stopping Ubuntu users from getting Firefox 3.5. Canonical just don't want to have to officially support two different major versions of some software. Unless you need Firefox 3.5 AND you take out an official support contract, what's the problem?
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

1. Please help me to localize Shiretoko!

2. Please help me to autosyncronize FF 3 and 3.5 bookmarks without add-on.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I don't really see what the big deal is. If it's not updated in the repository, there are other methods of installing 3.5, both easy and hard. Ubuntuzilla being one of the easy methods. I've been running 3.5 since near release with the help of ubuntuzilla.

There are some reasons Ubuntu doesn't update Firefox in the repositories right away. If I recall, it has something to do with the security, stability, testing and Ubuntu not being a rolling release distro.

Beans
    Hidden!

ive been using 3.5 since it came out and im not really impressed. think i will go back to 3 until the next ubuntu version is out. seems a little buggy to me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I installed firefox 3.5 from synaptic (jaunty). What is the big deal about installing it?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910