View Poll Results: How many threads about Firefox 3.5 will be posted this week?

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-10

12 9.38%
  • 11-20

20 15.63%
  • 21-30

13 10.16%
  • 31-40

9 7.03%
  • 41-50

11 8.59%
  • > 50

63 49.22%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Firefox question week

Beans

Re: The Firefox question week

Probably more than 50. It seems very common on this site for members to post new threads without first searching for possible solutions in previous threads, so I expect a lot of Firefox related threads this week.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    I think due to license issues. I have compiled Firefox myself and I have a deb, but I used the option --enable-official-branding to have the same name and logo. So I guess I can't distribute this. If I didn't use that option, then maybe I could distribute it, but it would be called Shiretoko.
    one little licensing issue, lots of grief

on a side note, i'm embarrassed ubuntu hasnt passed 3.5 through yet, seriously, SERIOUSLY, SERIOUSLY^2

scouser73 is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Wink Re: The Firefox question week

So many people asking about FF 3.5 and being impatient, seriously guys chill out.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by scouser73 View Post
    So many people asking about FF 3.5 and being impatient, seriously guys chill out.
    I'm wondering how is gonna be when Google Chrome for Linux (final version) comes out? The forums will crash. Not to mention people complaining they want Google Chrome, not that "cheap imitation" called Chromium

Beans
    Hidden!

I've tried FF 3.5 under Windows and, surprise, surprise, it's crashed on several occasions.

But stability on my Kubuntu box is far more important, so I'll happily wait - what's the hurry ppl ?

Beans
    Distro

Only a few hours to end the poll. If you selected the option >50 you are just 6 posts way from the correct result

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    Only a few hours to end the poll. If you selected the option >50 you are just 6 posts way from the correct result
    because you excluded some

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by DustofDust View Post
    because you excluded some
    I just didn't included those complaining about problems after install Should I include those? They are not "recurring threads".

Anyway, contributions to list other posts are very welcome

Beans
    Distro

The Firefox question week is over, with a total of 45 threads regarding Firefox 3.5 release, repository updates, installation methods and Shiretoko name complaints

There are a lot more threads if we consider those requesting support for solutions about issues encountered after the installation. But those are most of the time very specific, unlike for example all the threads about recurring problems with multiple flash plugin installations. So I decided to no include them on the survey.

Threads (some were merged)

The 4 most popular methods of installation of Firefox 3.5 (Psychocats, Ubuntuzilla, Repository, Shiretoko/Swiftfox) are available in the "Install Other Versions" section of the Firefox optimization and troubleshooting thread.

There is also a detailed explanation of each installation method provided, comparing the most important differences. I personally tested all of them and they work like a charm, but I recommend methods 1 (Psychocats) and 2 (Ubuntuzilla).

Coming soon!

The Google Chrome question week...

Beans

what the people really want is ff 3.5 in the repos and that it works like a standard update. i do not understand what ubuntu is waiting for...

and about chrome, any version available without phone home and such?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast