Thread: SD Card reader on Acer Aspire ONE

SD Card reader on Acer Aspire ONE

Hi all,

After successfully installing ubuntu netbook remix 9.04 on the acer aspire one I was trying to configure the sd card reader following the few instructions on
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AspireOne

It says to add some lines to modprobe.d/aspireone and add pciehp to /etc/modules
    However, this instruction seems to be for an old ubuntu installation and not for 9.04 because pciehp cannot be found. Any ideas on how to get the sd card reader on this one?

Cheers,

Paulo Matos

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Lightbulb Re: SD Card reader on Acer Aspire ONE

Hi, i had similar problem but found solution. after spending time on google and various forums and testing this and that found this solution.

Code:
    sudo vi /etc/modprobe.d/options.conf
    Note: options.conf instead of options since any module configuration will require .conf suffix in future relaeases

in to otions.conf file insert these lines

Code:
    options sdhci debug_quirks=1
    ProblemType: Bug
    Architecture: i386
    DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.04
    Package: linux-image-2.6.28-6-generic 2.6.28-6.17
    ProcCmdLine: User Name=UUID=e309fb14-05db-4e9a-b137-c6bf63eeb6a4 ro quiet splash elevator=noop
    ProcEnviron:
    SHELL=/bin/bash
    LANG=it_IT.UTF-8
    ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.28-6.17-generic
    SourcePackage: linux
    this works since pciehp module is obsoleted in 9.04 and it is part of kernel.

There is one more test i have done and it worked but it spits out some warnings during boot so it is not recomanded, but if you want to try let me know if that helps

Code:
    vi /boot/grub/menu.lst
    and in ther find your default boot line and add

Code:
    pciehp.pciehp_force=1 pciehp.pciehp_poll_mode=1
    so your boot line shoud look like this

Code:
    /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.28-13-generic root=UUID=5cc2086f-e6e8-4da9-99c3-ef9ab261d9a3 ro quiet splash pciehp.pciehp_force=1 pciehp.pciehp_poll_mode=1
    hope this helps.

and BTW sometimes my right reader doesnt apear right away but just suspend and restore brings it to life. i hvent found any reason for this behaviour yet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: SD Card reader on Acer Aspire ONE

There are handy solutions for various versions of AspireOne and Ubuntu here:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AspireOne/

As of writing this text, 10.04, 10.10 and 11.04 are included for example on AspireOne model ZG5
    Last edited by Neva; June 8th, 2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: versions