Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how to delete posts made in the past?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: how to delete posts made in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by hockey97 View Post
    I want to prevent google and other search engines to show users information about my website. So you really just need to remove the website names on quotes. I already edited my own posts.
    From July 25th (scroll up):
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    Okay, I have sanitized the posts. Your data has been removed from our database. It is, however, still indexed by Google, Yahoo, Bing, and others. There is nothing we can do about that to help you. In the future, may I suggest you use fake domains in your samples when asking for help...
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Hidden!

Ya, I know you can't do anything about google. I contacted google. They told me that you need to close the threds or posts that contain my domain name. It will take them a month on their side to upgade their engine index. They just said that google can't closed down the post fourms only the mods of ubuntu fourms or webmaster can closed down the threads or edit them or delete them.

So you had to either edit those posts to delete my domain name or close the thread or post.

Beans

No further action will be done from our end
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by hockey97 View Post
    Ya, I know you can't do anything about google. I contacted google. They told me that you need to close the threds or posts that contain my domain name. It will take them a month on their side to upgade their engine index. They just said that google can't closed down the post fourms only the mods of ubuntu fourms or webmaster can closed down the threads or edit them or delete them.

So you had to either edit those posts to delete my domain name or close the thread or post.
    You posted your information on a public forum and it was indexed by google. It will probably always be in the google data base. There are tons of sites indexed by google that are no longer active, so I do not think it "goes away" after a month.

If you keep searching google for this information, it is going to rise higher and higher on the search results as, due to your searching, it is more and more popular.

As far as I know the information you posted on this site has already been removed, we can not remove it a second time, there is nothing more to be done.

If you feel your site is compromised by this information best spend your energy securing your site
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123