Thread: Installing Ubuntu on Seagate Freeagent Go

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Installing Ubuntu on Seagate Freeagent Go

I just purchased a FreeAgent Go and I was wondering if anyone could point me to a tutorial that explains how to install Ubuntu on the FA while being able to keep it's ability to be accessed through Windows and Linux.
    Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Installing Ubuntu on Seagate Freeagent Go

The brand shouldn't really matter, what does is the type of connection, usb,sata,etc. Can you elaborate on that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

It looks like an external usb hard drive. Are you sure you don't want to install it on your computer hard drive instead?

To make a live usb session, you need to partition your drive with the partition editor on the live cd (System > Administration > Partition Editor), adding a FAT32 partition for ubuntu to be on. *Be careful about your data!*

Then go to System > Administration > USB Startup Disk Creator and install it to your newly created partition.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Yeah it's USB and thanks for the info. The issue with installing it to the actual hard drive is the lack of space and how much I go through. I normally fill up a hundred gigs or so every few weeks.