Thread: Ethernet Connected Lexmark X7675 Pro

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Ethernet Connected Lexmark X7675 Pro

Before anyone says I know it's a Lexmark!

I'd really like to come back to Ubuntu (been a few years since I last used it) but the only thing tying me down is my fairly new Lexmark X7675 Professional printer.

It's connected via Ethernet to a switch which in turn all of our family's computers connect to, to access it.

Right now I'm using the Ubuntu live session. If I turn the printer on Ubuntu does recognise it as the 7600 range but cannot find a driver for it.

Is there any way on earth that I can get this printer working?

If not then I'll have to stick with windows. I'm not replacing a perfectly good and virtually brand new printer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Ethernet Connected Lexmark X7675 Pro

Did you ever get this to work? Struggling with this now...
    You are right, I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. - Dr. Zaius

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

For the record - I downloaded the RedHat package made available on the webpage. Converted it (using "alien") to a deb package; and it's still a paperweight to the Ubuntu machines in the house!
    You are right, I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. - Dr. Zaius

Beans

Search carefully, they have a package for Debian systems. It works in Lucid.
    Fabián Rodríguez
    Ubuntu Quebec LoCo Team contact, UCP, UCI