Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: EeePc 1008HA ethternet

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: EeePc 1008HA ethternet

If you're referring to my blog post at thomasaka.com that you linked to below, it is not fake at all. Nor does it destroy anything. It simply puts all the instructions and files from THIS SITE in 1 place to make it easier and faster to fix. I posted it so I could find it easily in the future (which I've done multiple times) and so others wouldn't have to spend as much time as I did searching for the solution.

If you (or anyone else) had a problem with it please let me know and I'll see if I posted something wrong. As far as I know it's all correct as I've used it several times myself. Please also note I've not tried that fix on the most recent version of Ubuntu so it's possible that it doesn't work for it.

Quote Originally Posted by danielhuertas View Post
    Hello Leandro,

I am using an eeepc 1005HA.
    I have followed these steps a number of times (trying Remix and Ubuntu 9.04) but I cannot get wlan up.
    Cable network installs fine. But after installing linux backports and rebooting, wlan is still off.
    Should I go back to Windows and wait for some other solution?
    To everybody:
    Do not follow this link instructions: you will need to reinstall. It is a fake and destroys your installation.

http://www.thomasaka.com/writes/?p=158

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by thomasaka View Post
    If you're referring to my blog post at thomasaka.com that you linked to below, it is not fake at all. Nor does it destroy anything. It simply puts all the instructions and files from THIS SITE in 1 place to make it easier and faster to fix. I posted it so I could find it easily in the future (which I've done multiple times) and so others wouldn't have to spend as much time as I did searching for the solution.

If you (or anyone else) had a problem with it please let me know and I'll see if I posted something wrong. As far as I know it's all correct as I've used it several times myself. Please also note I've not tried that fix on the most recent version of Ubuntu so it's possible that it doesn't work for it.
    I know they have fixed the Attansic drivers, so hopefully they have fixed the Atheros drivers as well. Here's hoping!!!
    P5W-DH, E6750, Patriot Viper 4x2GB 1066, Seasonic M12 500w
    Creative Audigy, EVGA GTX 460, HP 2509m
    Kubuntu 12.04 64-bit (KDE 4.8.1)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by arch0njw View Post
    I know they have fixed the Attansic drivers, so hopefully they have fixed the Atheros drivers as well. Here's hoping!!!
    That's good news! When I get a chance I'll try it with 9.10 to see what works and verify my fix still works (assuming a fix is still needed).

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456