Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jaunty and tx2000 tablet PC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Jaunty and tx2000 tablet PC

I didn't compiled a new wacom driver, I've used Jaunty's one. It's necessary to compile the driver to get the stylus?

Ok:

udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_56a_93_noserial_if0'
    info.udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_56a_93_noserial_if0' (string)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi trx64,

OK, the 'if0' headers seem to be from the stylus sections of your lshal, so it is there.

No not all the linuxwacom drivers. You keep the Jaunty 0.8.2-2 linuwacom drivers except the wacom.ko. It's the usb kernel module. So that is probably the problem. That's why it's in gali98's HOW TO here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...038949&page=11 Where you got the new TX2000 10-wacom.fdi.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Ok, I understand, it's just to compile and get that individual module. I'll follow that part and post the results. Thanks.

EDIT:

I got this error in make (I've installed the dev packages in the tutorial):

Building linuxwacom drivers for 2.6 kernel. ***Note: Drivers not enabled as modules in your kernel config but requested through configure are NOT built make -C /lib/modules/2.6.28-13-generic/build M=/home/leotorok/Área de Trabalho/linuxwacom-0.8.3-4/src/2.6.28 make[3]: Entrando no diretório `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.28-13-generic' make[3]: *** Sem regra para processar o alvo `de'. Pare. make[3]: Saindo do diretório `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.28-13-generic' make[2]: ** [all] Erro 2 make[2]: Saindo do diretório `/home/leotorok/Área de Trabalho/linuxwacom-0.8.3-4/src/2.6.28' make[1]: ** [all-recursive] Erro 1 make[1]: Saindo do diretório `/home/leotorok/Área de Trabalho/linuxwacom-0.8.3-4/src' make: ** [all-recursive] Erro 1
    Last edited by trx64; June 26th, 2009 at 01:58 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Hi trx64,

New error to me. Did the wacom.ko "make"?

If not start over being sure to do every step. And copy and paste the entire line.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi trx64,

New error to me. Did the wacom.ko "make"?

If not start over being sure to do every step. And copy and paste the entire line.
    No, wacom.ko didn't "make". Tryed again, line by line, same problem.

Another thing: does the default fdi that I used is OK?

Beans
    Distro

Hi trx64,

The .fdi looked OK to me. If it's the same one as in gali98's post #104 then it is the right one.

You are the second person with a problem compiling with the new Jaunty kernel 2.6.28-13. I am starting to wonder if it isn't a problem with the new kernel.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

No problem, it's fine like this. Rotating desktop cube with the fingers it's pretty cool. The fact that I will have to recompile the driver after kernel updates is not atractive... I prefer to wait for Karmic.

I've used Hardy, intrepid an Jaunty, the best! Simply great. But i think that Karmic will be even better (100 bugs campaign is incredible).

Thanks for the help, now I finnaly hava touchscreen working (the stylus stays for Karmic).

I could try it again after another kernel update, and post the results.

Beans
    Distro

Hi trx64,

I asked gali98 to take a look and see if he can help us.

You could try using the kernel before the current one.

Or you could start over with the current kernel by following post #270 here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...038949&page=27

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Smile Re: Jaunty and tx2000 tablet PC

I'll take a look at that. Anyway, touch is good for me (no right-click on stylus, but is ok), Karmic will solve this, with the new wacom driver.

Well, you used the tablet for a time. I'm using Xournal and Onboard. Do you know any other program to tablet users?

Thanks for the help, I was waiting for the touchscreen since Hardy.

Beans
    Distro

Hi trx64,

I think you'll find CellWriter is superior to Onboard, because it has character recognition. Give it a try.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast