Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brevard Linux Users?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Brevard Linux Users?

I know that there are others using Linux because the local bookstore sells LinuxJournal, but where are There?
    ----
    Linux user since before Yggdrasil, Unix before that while with the real AT&T.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Brevard Linux Users?

I'm up in Asheville. There are several Ubuntu users that I've met here in town. Ubuntu and Linux users are growing exponentially. Give a shout if you're ever up here; it's always cool to have a face-2-face with another Linux user.

Beans

Ah, I'm not from Brevard, I'm from North Eastern NC. Anybody from NENC on here?

Beans

I am in clyde I am using Linux Mint on all my machines now No More gates and the leap frog game! I am fairly new to Linux but I like it much better than windows!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'm also from Asheville. New to ubuntu. Enjoying it so far.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Welcome fellow Western North Carolina Linux users. I knew that there were some around Asheville as there used to be an Asheville Linux Users Group (LUG), which appeared dormant but based upon a recent post, it may be coming back to life:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1316365

I also use MINT GLORIA AMD64 as my primary desktop. I also have a box with Ubuntu 9.10 on it but is currently turned off and in the corner. I do like Ubu 9.10 but the Mint folks have made several improvements that I really like.

This past fall I attended the Atlanta Linux Festival. It was wonderful, conducted like a typical industry conference with multiple concurrent sessions, creating the "which one to attend" quandary. The Ubuntu team held a fantastic "how to write a Linux driver" extended session. You paired up into two-person teams each sharing a USB thermometer. Then using a supplied template as a guide, and aided by an instructor and overhead slide, we each built a driver for the thermometer that worked!

I missed the Linux Conference at Clemson but hope to be able to attend next year - and OF COURSE the Atlanta Linuxfest 2010.
    ----

Beans

It is coming back to life! At least we're doing our best... There has been lots of activity in the IRC channel, #ubuntu-us-nc and the wiki is now being updated much more regularly. We're doing our best to get all this together so we can become an "approved loco". The easiest ways to get involved is through the mailing list or the IRC channel.

Alot of people in the NC Loco here helped in organizing and planning ALF as well, and the one coming up. I think it's in Greenville/Spartanburg in June - but don't quote me on that...

If you need help on getting IRC setup - just ask!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

i'm from asheville also, though i go to school at western carolina university. i guess i should subscribe to the mailing list. any other WCU student linux users out there?

Beans

I'm in Marble, NC as far West as you can get.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I used to get to Murphy occasionally when I lived in Georgia (years ago). I remember eating a fine, old-fashioned breakfast at a diner on Main Street.
    ----

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast