Page 52 of 109 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Hello

I just installed Ubuntu 9.10 on my PS3 and the next step would have been to enable Sixaxis support through QtSixA. So I added the two corresponding repositories mentioned in the first post but I can't install version 1.2 of QtSixA as it depends on sixad which is only available in version 1.1.1 and not the required minimum of 1.2.
    Did I add the wrong repos? Do I have to get sixad elsewhere or do I just have to wait a bit until the new sixad will be released or do I have to do something completely different?

Thank you

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Chrigi View Post
    Hello

I just installed Ubuntu 9.10 on my PS3 and the next step would have been to enable Sixaxis support through QtSixA. So I added the two corresponding repositories mentioned in the first post but I can't install version 1.2 of QtSixA as it depends on sixad which is only available in version 1.1.1 and not the required minimum of 1.2.
    Did I add the wrong repos? Do I have to get sixad elsewhere or do I just have to wait a bit until the new sixad will be released or do I have to do something completely different?

Thank you
    There are 2 repositories.
    1 - untrusted repo with builds for 32bit, 64bit and PPC (PS3)
    2 - Ubuntu PPA, builds only for 32bit and 64bit.

I wasn't able to compile v1.2.0 for PPC (Lucid errors), but someone did it on Karmic. Here's the link:
    http://launchpadlibrarian.net/388736...-0build.tar.gz
    Install sixad first then qtsixa.

Beans

Okay I am new to this and have read bits and pieces of this thread. I was able to get my PS3 up and running with Ubuntu 9.10 karmic. I have also done so with my IBM T40p laptop. I have Qtsixa 1.2 on both. I was able to get sixaxis controller recognized on both and working on the PS3 but not the T40p(thinking that it is because the internal dongle is not a 2.0). I was able to get my bluetooth keyboard recognized on both and working on the T40p but not the PS3. So my question is why would the keyboard not work with the PS3? Could it be that the PS3 dongle is 2.0? If so does anyone have a 2.0 working on their PC? The other thought is this is PPC versus PC 32bit. Trying to get all my thoughts out there and any help or ideas to try would be appreciated. I have browsed other threads that have used HIDD and/or disabled xserver-xorg-input-synaptic. Any thoughts on this? Thanks for any support.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KC2LBF View Post
    Okay I am new to this and have read bits and pieces of this thread. I was able to get my PS3 up and running with Ubuntu 9.10 karmic. I have also done so with my IBM T40p laptop. I have Qtsixa 1.2 on both. I was able to get sixaxis controller recognized on both and working on the PS3 but not the T40p(thinking that it is because the internal dongle is not a 2.0). I was able to get my bluetooth keyboard recognized on both and working on the T40p but not the PS3. So my question is why would the keyboard not work with the PS3? Could it be that the PS3 dongle is 2.0? If so does anyone have a 2.0 working on their PC? The other thought is this is PPC versus PC 32bit. Trying to get all my thoughts out there and any help or ideas to try would be appreciated. I have browsed other threads that have used HIDD and/or disabled xserver-xorg-input-synaptic. Any thoughts on this? Thanks for any support.
    You should get rid of 'xserver-xorg-input-synaptic' when using a PS3 (known ubuntu bug).
    That keeps you from using Sixaxis profiles in the PS3 (and maybe the keypad too).
    I don't have a PS3 so I can't test this myself.

Beans

QtSixA v1.2.1 released!

Changelog:
    * Allow only single instance of QtSixA to run (LP: #518350)
    * Fix Sixaxis settings window too small
    * Start fixing 'Adding new profile works once out of a hundred times'
    (LP: #518105)

NOTE TO ALL PS3 USERS:
    I no longer keep the PS3 repo (only PPA now).
    If you're using a PS3, delete the QtSixA repo from your Software Sources.
    Download the updated DEBs here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/qts...s.zip/download

Beans

Well from what I have tried it did not seem to fix the issue. There could be something I am doing wrong or different that could be causing this. But if I get it figured out, I will def make a note of it and pass the information accordingly through here.

Quote Originally Posted by falkTX View Post
    You should get rid of 'xserver-xorg-input-synaptic' when using a PS3 (known ubuntu bug).
    That keeps you from using Sixaxis profiles in the PS3 (and maybe the keypad too).
    I don't have a PS3 so I can't test this myself.

Beans

I am running PS3 Ubuntu 9.10 and when installing the sixad 1.2.1 package i get the following error:

Because of this i then cant install QtSixA.

Thanks, Jamie

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by falkTX View Post
    QtSixA v1.2.1 released!

Changelog:

NOTE TO ALL PS3 USERS:
    I no longer keep the PS3 repo (only PPA now).
    If you're using a PS3, delete the QtSixA repo from your Software Sources.
    Download the updated DEBs here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/qts...s.zip/download

Hello, sorry if this has been answered, but a quick search didn't turn up any results. When I try to install the the DEBs on Ubuntu 9.04 for PS3, I get this:

"Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libbluetooth3 (>= 4.40)"

I'm probably doing something wrong here, since I don't have a lot of experience in using Linux on a PS3, so any help would be much appreciated.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by LilDeamon View Post
    I am running PS3 Ubuntu 9.10 and when installing the sixad 1.2.1 package i get the following error:

Because of this i then cant install QtSixA.

Thanks, Jamie
    You're using my older files! (from sixaxis-gui... 2 years ago)

Use Synaptic to remove bluez-sixaxis-bin, and any other package with "sixaxis" in the name.
    Then QtSixA will install fine.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by linuxcreeper View Post
    Hello, sorry if this has been answered, but a quick search didn't turn up any results. When I try to install the the DEBs on Ubuntu 9.04 for PS3, I get this:

"Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libbluetooth3 (>= 4.40)"

I'm probably doing something wrong here, since I don't have a lot of experience in using Linux on a PS3, so any help would be much appreciated.
    First of all, you should install Karmic (ubuntu 9.10) (or you won't get accelerometer support and rumble, when it's supported).
    There are also some other issues with 9.04, so it's really recommended that you upgrade.

For Jaunty (9.04), you need to install this first:
    http://launchpadlibrarian.net/324100...u2_powerpc.deb

Page 52 of 109 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast