Page 5 of 109 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Beans

Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Hello there,
    I have a Sixaxis and a DualShock3, and would like to use Sixaxis with emulators. think is I don't have any bluetooth stick or such on my PC. Can I use Sixaxis through USB mode only? I've connected it to PC and followed this guide:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Jo...l_outputs_done
    and installed the file at the bottom Dualshock3.fdi

When i connect joystick to the PC I get all lights flashing and ZSNES won't recognize button presses. Is there anything else I need to do? (I rebooted as well) Just want to use it through USB nothing else

Thank you for your time!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by falkTX View Post
    You did everything right, but just forgot one thing (which is partly my fault).
    Please try the new version (0.3.0-RC1-2 or 0.3.0-12); then, after connecting Sixaxis and closed SixA, run on terminal:
    jstest /dev/input/js0
    This will tell you if the Sixaxis is fully working or not.

Thanks for the report
    When I press different buttons on the DS3, jstest responds; for example, when SELECT is pressed, jstest reports that button 0 is on. There is also a lot of other output relating to Axes. Is this "fully working"?

Given that this is "fully working", how do I actually go about to use the DS3 as mouse in Ubuntu?
    Last edited by ps3mhome; July 4th, 2009 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Wanted to add a question relevant in context

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Good News:

SixA will work on PS3 soon!
    But I NEED your help on this...

If you have a PS3:
    1. Load Ubuntu *IN* the PS3
    2. Open a browser in http://falktx.xtreemhost.com/, go inside outro folder and download the file bluez_4.41-special.tar.gz
    3. Extract it somewhere
    4. Open a terminal and change ("cd") to that directory
    5. Be sure to have the sources repositories enabled in Synaptic (or other package manager)
    6. Execute this in the terminal (which is "cd" to bluez package):
    Code:
    sudo apt-get build-dep bluez
    ./configure --prefix=/opt/bluez --enable-hidd
    make
    sudo make install
    cp /opt/bluez/bin/hidd $HOME/new-hidd
    sudo rm -r /opt/bluez
    7. In your home folder there will be a new file "new-hidd".
    Compress it to gz, tar or whatever
    8. Upload it here in the Ubuntu forums.

Done!
    I will then make the necessary arrangements to make SixA fully working on PS3.

See ya soon!
    tried this. pls find new-hidd.tar.gz attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Melhisedek View Post
    When i connect joystick to the PC I get all lights flashing and ZSNES won't recognize button presses. Is there anything else I need to do? (I rebooted as well) Just want to use it through USB nothing else
    You can use the "Fake Joystick" profile that assign normal keyboard keys to the Sixaxis (like up, left keys; see the pic in 'Input Profiles' for a detailed version).
    Then on ZSNES, when you press, let's say, Sixaxis' X button, it will act like 'X' on keyboard.
    You can use the 'Fake Joystick' for all applications that doesn't seem to work well with Sixaxis.

Just don't forget that you must set the profile before connecting the Sixaxis

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sl1pkn07 View Post
    hi. the program recognized the controller, but no send signal when pulse/move pads/buttons

jstest and jscalibrator not works (recognized controller, but no received signal)

what is the problem? though USB still works

greetings
    Please, when reporting stuff, specify the Ubuntu version (or if using other distro) and architecture (32 or 64bit, lpia or PPC).

If your Sixaxis works on USB but not bluetooth that can only be for three reasons:
    1. Running on PPC/PS3 (cause that don't work yet, but it will VERY SOON)
    2. The Sixaxis is still paired with a PS3 (if you don't have one, skip this)
    3. You haven't runned "Sixpair" yet (on the 'Advanced' tab)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ps3mhome View Post
    When I press different buttons on the DS3, jstest responds; for example, when SELECT is pressed, jstest reports that button 0 is on. There is also a lot of other output relating to Axes. Is this "fully working"?

Given that this is "fully working", how do I actually go about to use the DS3 as mouse in Ubuntu?
    If jstest shows axis moving then that's fully working.

You can use your Sixaxis as mouse/keyboard by activating an input profile in the "Input profile" tab.
    Then, the next time a Sixaxis is connected, it will work as set in the profile

Beans

Update:
    I just updated the "bluez-sixa" package for PowerPC. (bluez-sixa_1.1-falktx2)

Sixaxis should now works on the PlayStation3!!

Please test and report!

Beans

Another update:

I found a way to check a Sixaxis battery. Once you're Sixaxis is connected through bluetooth, Run this on a terminal:
    Code:
    sudo hcidump -R -O ADDR | head -n 5 | tail -n 1 | awk '{printf "Sixaxis battery: "$1"/05\n"}'
    (ADDR is the address displayed in the 'list of Sixaxis' on SixA)

It will report like this:
    Code:
    Sixaxis battery: NN/05
    (NN can be 01-05 depending on battery level, or 'EE' for charging)

The bad thing is, you need admin/root access to run this; and since we don't want to be asked for password to start SixA, this will not be implemented right now. But it's better than nothing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Update:
    I just updated the "bluez-sixa" package for PowerPC. (bluez-sixa_1.1-falktx2)

Sixaxis should now works on the PlayStation3!!

Please test and report!
    Did this (PS3, Ubtuntu 9.04):

1. Selected Fake Joystick in Input Profiles
    2. Connected DS3 successfully
    3. Exited SixA

At this stage I expect DS3 to work as a mouse, but nothing happens (to the mouse pointer) when I press the DS3 buttons.

Then ran jstest successfully. Also redid steps 1-3 but selected Firefox in Input Profiles, and started Firefox to see whether DS3 would work with Firefox - but no.

Sorry if I have missed something obvious (like not having set some option that mouse should be replaced by jostick or so). I'm new to Ubuntu and Linux.

Beans

Kubuntu 64 bits jaunty + kde4 4.3rc1

is strange, but need make clear bluethoot data and sixpair with usb ever disconnect/change profile pad. is normal? if not run this steps (clear bluez data -> sixpair) , the software recognize/connect the pad with bluetooth, but not respond move joy/pulse buttons

another question, the analog buttons (triangle, square,cross,circle,L1/2 and R1/2) no works with bluez, but working fine with USB (jscalibrator view sensibility of this buttons with axis)and gyroscope (sixasis)neither works

thanks and sorry my english
    Last edited by sl1pkn07; July 5th, 2009 at 07:20 PM.

Page 5 of 109 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast