Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

Quote Originally Posted by falkTX View Post
    I don't think that would be possible right now.
    The profiles are 'fdi' (xml) files that HAL loads when a device is connected and matches the fdi info file (in the xml tag "match"). Maybe it's possible to unset a specific HAL device and force it's reload, I don't know.
    I'll look into it.

EDIT: I haven't noticed the restart...
    I don't know if you wrote it on purpose or not, but I can say restart it's not needed; just disconnect and connect again.
    I'll double check that. But im pretty sure I tried disconnecting then reconnecting. It's not a huge issue so no need to make it a priority as I just use 1 profile anyway.

Keep up the great work!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

It's working great for me. I was wondering, is there any way to get it to scan for controllers periodically? I am hoping to be able to ditch my keyboard and mouse for my HTPC, but don't want to leave my controller on all the time. Thanks so much for this program; it's awesome!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Polk1986 View Post
    It's working great for me. I was wondering, is there any way to get it to scan for controllers periodically?
    I still don't know how to do this in python, I'm still learning.
    But one simple thing I could do is a small script that displays an pop-up/notification (like in systray) when something changes about a controller.

Edit: Only Sixaxis, of course

Beans

News... (not that much, LOL)

Well, the repo will not be trusted this month; This happens because of some problems with the FTP server (I'm using a free web-hosting service...)

And I'll NOT ask you to donate a thing; I'll just keep this free/poor-but-working service until it sill works.
    In the future, when I'll want to add some other packages, I'll move into a paid/good hosting server. Until then, SixA repo will be untrusted
    Last edited by falkTX; June 30th, 2009 at 09:32 AM. Reason: no complains from you...

Beans

Hey Guys, nice work on the PS3 Bluetooth application, I've been looking for a solution like this for ages, well ever since i upgraded to 9.04.I know this is still in its early stages of development, ive found it to be quite sensitive, with gens,or it may just be my buttons

oh, i did have trouble pairing my pad with bluetooth but using the advanced option works, i found i had to reboot to get it to work again.

But still a great improvement on the old sixaxsis solution.
    I'm using the ps3 pad atm for the mouse, as the program currently kills my mouse(although i read that it would in the other posts) - which is bluetooth. I shall use the pad with other apps ie: PSX and see how that works out...

After having a little play, i think it may well be just gens, but i have to say its a nice touch being able to pick your games out with the pad, absolutely fantastic job Keep up the good work ; )* found out why gens was oversensitive, its due to having the mouse and keyboard profile on ^^

EDIT: Solved the mouse killing issue, just have to restore bluetooth, then disconnect- next to refresh, which for some odd reason, still lets me use the pad as well as my mouse. But im not complaining SixA works well with PSX and the DS3 which i just got through the mail. ^_^
    Last edited by Gliitch; July 1st, 2009 at 03:33 PM.

Beans

Update: (Copied from changelog)
    * Properly show SixA version (0.3.0-11 or 0.3.0_RC1-11)
    * Updated GUIs to Qt 4.5.2
    * Small changes to 'sixa' [terminal] script

Can someone that has a PowerPC or PlayStation3 report if this is working or not?

Beans

hey all, i'm new to this whole linux thing and i've recently just been trying to install ubuntu on my ps3. i'm currently running ubuntu 9.04 under xubuntu. so i would love to be able to use my sixaxis! i tried running your program and the controller does not seem to connect. the "SizA modules started" but it won't recognize my controller under the "list of connected sixaxis." i tried running "sixpair setup" under advanced. again i'm new to this whole os so i may very well be doing something rather stupid. but my efforts so far have not been able to get the controller to work. =[

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by scotthew1 View Post
    hey all, i'm new to this whole linux thing and i've recently just been trying to install ubuntu on my ps3. i'm currently running ubuntu 9.04 under xubuntu. so i would love to be able to use my sixaxis! i tried running your program and the controller does not seem to connect. the "SizA modules started" but it won't recognize my controller under the "list of connected sixaxis." i tried running "sixpair setup" under advanced. again i'm new to this whole os so i may very well be doing something rather stupid. but my efforts so far have not been able to get the controller to work. =[
    First of all, please run 'sixa-gui' on a terminal (apps -> utils -> terminal/console) and post here all it's output (the messages it prints when the program is running).

You'll also need to unpair your Sixaxis from the PS3 to get this to work (not sure how to do this, but somewhere in PS3 main settings/options).

The 'sixpair' thing is not needed when running from a PS3

Beans

I've been working in trying to get the sixaxis to change profiles on the fly (without need to disconnect and connect again); and it doesn't seem to be possible. I could explain piece by piece why it doesn't work, but I just though of a smart solution for this.
    When you "Start SixA Modules" it will (in near future) display a check-box that will allow you to use a custom [selected at the moment, but not system-wide] profile for the Sixaxis you'll connect at that point. For the USBs, just change the profile normally before connecting it.

And also... gyro support is coming...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi. Thanks for all efforts!

I have a PS3, Dualshock3-Sixaxis (DS3) and Ubuntu 9.04. I am new to Linux and Ubuntu. In addition to the DS3, I have Sony wireless keypad, which I also would like to be able to use in Ubuntu.

Not sure I did the right things, but I proceeded as follows:

1. Executed six-gui from Terminal.
    2. Clicked the "Start SixA" button (maybe the word PC should be removed from the textbox underneath the button, given that PS3 users should go through this step).
    3. Pressed the PS button followed by Refresh. An adress appeared 00:21:4F:E4:5E:76. Pressed Finish.
    4. The same adress appeared on List of connected Sixaxis".
    5. Pressed Input Profiles tab. I want to use the DS3 as a mouse in Ubuntu. Ticked "Use Sixaxis as Mouse/Keyboard". Not sure what profile to select. Tried several, including Fake Joystick, Gnome, KDE, and a few others. Then pressed Apply. Got the respective Layout. Tried to use DS3 on basis of the layouts, but to no avail. Nothing happened to the (mouse) pointer.

6. Pressed the Info button:
    "Name: Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Controller
    Adress: 00:21:4F:E4:5E:76
    ID: 054C:0268
    Signal quality: 251

Adresses of the bluetooth devices/sticks/pens used until now:
    00:0B:E4:40:E6:A9".

7. Exited Sixa.

8. Copied the following from Terminal:
    "ubuntu:~$ six-gui
    bash: six-gui: command not found
    ro@ubuntu:~$ sixa-gui
    * Stopping bluetooth [ OK ]
    * Starting bluetooth [ OK ]
    SixA modules alreay running
    hidd[3015]: Bluetooth HID daemonhidd[3015]: New HID device 00:21:4F:E4:5E:76 (Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Controller)
    hidd: no process killedhidd[3015]: Exit
    hidd[4094]: Bluetooth HID daemonhidd[4094]: New HID device 00:21:4F:E4:5E:76 (Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Controller)
    hidd: no process killedhidd[4094]: Exit
    hidd[4716]: Bluetooth HID daemonhidd[4716]: New HID device 00:21:4F:E4:5E:76 (Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Controller)
    hidd: no process killedhidd[4716]: Exit
    * Starting bluetooth [ OK ] ".

Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast