Page 10 of 109 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 1082

Thread: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Portugal
    Beans
    1,155

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    Done. That should be fixed now.

    But please run
    Code:
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    cause it will require installation of new packages (the ones that were missing)

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Portugal
    Beans
    1,155

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    With the accelerometers working in the new driver, it's possible to use it in a variety of games. One of the best ones for this is "NeverBall"
    Neverball don't has an option to configure joysticks, but you can open it's configuration file and edit the joystick axis stuff. For that run:
    Code:
    xdg-open $HOME/.neverball/neverballrc
    At line 30, it says:
    Code:
    joystick_axis_x           0
    joystick_axis_y           1
    Change it to:
    Code:
    joystick_axis_x           4
    joystick_axis_y           5
    The next time you'll start Neverball (and if 'sixad', the new driver, is running), moving the Sixaxis (no need for buttons) will move the table, controlling the ball!
    I can tell you from my personal experience - it's awesome stuff!

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Portugal
    Beans
    1,155

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    @stingerid4:
    can you please connect the sixaxis pad and run:
    Code:
    hcitool name 00:23:06:68:66:3A
    I'll start using hcitool to get the 'list of connected Sixaxis', which will report any that has the name "PLAYSTATION(3) Controller". (to be able to show Sixaxis connect by different methods other than QtSixA)

    Maybe the pad has a different name, which would make it not appear on the list. We don't want that to happen, so I need to know what name it reports.

    Thanks in advance

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Beans
    9
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    Code:
    stinger@psubuntu:~$ hcitool name 00:23:06:68:66:3A
    Wireless Keypad
    no playstation 3 in the name


    tried to play NetherBall .. but uhm .. doesn't really work on the PS3 .. guess it needs a little hardware rendering hehe.

    Not sure how else to test the gyro function.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Portugal
    Beans
    1,155

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    Quote Originally Posted by stingerid4 View Post
    Code:
    stinger@psubuntu:~$ hcitool name 00:23:06:68:66:3A
    Wireless Keypad
    no playstation 3 in the name


    tried to play NetherBall .. but uhm .. doesn't really work on the PS3 .. guess it needs a little hardware rendering hehe.

    Not sure how else to test the gyro function.
    Just tell me it works on PPC OSes...

    does:
    Code:
    jstest /dev/input/js0
    Moves the 4-7 axis?

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Beans
    9
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    oooh js0, yeah it works beautifully! Though axis 4-5-6 move, not 7

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Portugal
    Beans
    1,155

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    Quote Originally Posted by stingerid4 View Post
    oooh js0, yeah it works beautifully! Though axis 4-5-6 move, not 7
    Nice! Now all I need to know now is if it works on 64bit PCs too (not just PowerPC and i386)

    I'm also preparing an init script, to launched at boot, so Sixaxis can actually be connected while booting (not sure if it will work or not)

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Beans
    12
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    I have been using the program for the last month or two, and I must say it is improving rapidly! It's really great that I can use my DS3 for games and videos. I'm excited about the new init script as I am trying to completely avoid using a keyboard and mouse on my living room HTPC.

    I was wondering if there was any chance of implementing a way to make our own key configurations on our machine? The new button is all greyed out on mine, where we used to be able to make a new file to send you, so I was wondering what is up with that?

    Also, I just wanted to see how much interest there was on the forums for setting up a paypal donation box or something so that falkTX can get some more hardware to test to help speed up testing. Perhaps this is a silly idea, but if everyone chips in $5-$10 then he could do more testing on multiple controllers, the keyboard, and perhaps other alternative controllers as well.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Portugal
    Beans
    1,155

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    Quote Originally Posted by Polk1986 View Post
    I have been using the program for the last month or two, and I must say it is improving rapidly! It's really great that I can use my DS3 for games and videos. I'm excited about the new init script as I am trying to completely avoid using a keyboard and mouse on my living room HTPC.

    I was wondering if there was any chance of implementing a way to make our own key configurations on our machine? The new button is all greyed out on mine, where we used to be able to make a new file to send you, so I was wondering what is up with that?

    Also, I just wanted to see how much interest there was on the forums for setting up a paypal donation box or something so that falkTX can get some more hardware to test to help speed up testing. Perhaps this is a silly idea, but if everyone chips in $5-$10 then he could do more testing on multiple controllers, the keyboard, and perhaps other alternative controllers as well.
    Thanks!

    The reason the "new profile" buttons is greyed out is because QtSixA now has to run as root (need for battery function, also you won't have to type password several times...). The created file is automatically putted in the user Docs folder, but since the app run as root, that will go to the root folder (that should never happen).
    I'll try to implement a 'select-location-to-save-file' thing when the profile is complete.

    This is why the webpage buttons are also grey-out, cause clicking on them would launch a browser as root...

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Portugal
    Beans
    1,155

    Re: HOW-TO: Connect Sixaxis to Ubuntu trough bluetooth mode

    Update:
    * Changed the way Sixaxis are detected, now through 'hcitool', making appear Sixaxis connected using methods other than QtSixA
    * Display Sixaxis keypads when connected through USB
    * GUI refresh interval is now 5 seconds instead of 3

    On the 'extra-sixa-modules', the new driver, there's now 2 more buttons (at the end). Those buttons are triggered when the horizontal/vertical accelerometer is moved quickly (something like the Wii controller does). The code for buttons are not yet finished, but are usable now.

    I haven't found a good game to try this yet, if you did - tell me!


    To test the driver, run in a terminal - 'sixad'
    Last edited by falkTX; July 24th, 2009 at 09:52 AM.

Page 10 of 109 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •