Thread: System Tray Gone?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

System Tray Gone?

Well, this is what I assume is a really dumb question, but my Kubuntu system tray completely disappeared, and I don't know how to get it back... Thanks in advance

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: System Tray Gone?

Quote Originally Posted by kttyshadow5 View Post
    Well, this is what I assume is a really dumb question, but my Kubuntu system tray completely disappeared, and I don't know how to get it back... Thanks in advance
    You can add panel and also move it wherever you like.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

As dumb as this makes me feel... how do I add panels? All the solutions to this problem I've found involve adding panels...

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by kttyshadow5 View Post
    As dumb as this makes me feel... how do I add panels? All the solutions to this problem I've found involve adding panels...
    Hmm if accidentally the panel is gone you can do a right click and "Add Widgets" and Right click on the desktop again and "Add panel". Since I'm not using KDE right now, I can't check it out myself, but tell me if this helps. I don't think there's any way to restore the panel you've lost, but you can re-add everything that it had by right clicking on the new panel and "Add widgets" and add i.e. Application Launcher, Pager, Task Manager, Show desktop, system tray, digital clock, new device notifier, Lock/Logout, etc.