As I was lucky enough to get a beta invite to sign up for the new Ipredator VPN service I jumped at the chance but was slightly nervous when there were no instruction on how to set up with Linux, just Windows and MacOS ones. I'm not particularly good with Ubuntu but a little while reading these forums gave enough knowledge to get it working.

You'll need to install PPTP-Linux and also the PPTP plug in for Network Manager then configure the VPN. Once configured Network Manager needs to be restarted and the connection can be made.

First off open a terminal and type

Code:
sudo apt-get update
then
Code:
sudo apt-get install network-manager-pptp
This should also install the pptplinux dependency too.

Once installed click on the network-manager in the system tray, choose VPN Connections; Configure VPN, click Add.

When at VPN tab of NetworkManager click ADD

On connection type make sure protocol is PPTP

At VPN tab:

Connect automatically if you want (I did)
Gateway field enter: vpn.ipredator.se
Username and Password are per your Ipredator acount.

Click Advanced

At Security and Compression:

Check Use Point-to-point encryption (MPPE)
Select 128-bit (most secure)
I turned off EAP as one guide I read on VPN setup said to do so but I'm not sure it is necessary.

Then NetworkManager needs to be restarted. I simply rebooted my laptop though I know that it can be done at the command line but the commands I tried didn't work so didn't want to spend time fiddling around.

Once NetworkManager was restarted my normal wifi connection was made then the VPN was made and I had a Swedish IP address geo-located to Lund in Sweden.

This is also posted on my blog here