Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Map Windows Shares Permanently with GVFS

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Map Windows Shares Permanently with GVFS

Are you putting this in the statup-applications for your user? I really can not see why this would not connect both of them.

Try to run it from the terminal and see if you get any errors and let me know.
    MyBlog
    Sledgehammer engineering, if it doesn't work, hit it damn hard.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

The script is in /etc/init.d - its definitely working, I can unmount the one share and it automatically reappears. No errors are generated if run from the terminal and I couldn't see anything obvious in syslog.

How could I modify the script so it echos each attempt at mounting a share?

Cheers,
    Ed

Beans
    Distro

Try to download this and run this, I updated the script to do some debug work. Change $DEBUG=0 to $DEBUG=1

then tell me the output of the log file @ /tmp/gnome-samba-mount-startup.log
    MyBlog

Beans

Thank you for the script.

The script mounts all the shares on my computer, but the loop keeps trying to mount the shares even if there are already mounted.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by noelnro View Post
    Thank you for the script.

The script mounts all the shares on my computer, but the loop keeps trying to mount the shares even if there are already mounted.
    The script runs in a loop to check and see if the drives are still mounted, if not then it remounts them.

Please make sure you are running this as a startup application. If you are having issues please change the DEBUG=0 line to DEBUG=1 and post the output of the log file from "/tmp/gnome-samba-mount-startup.log"
    MyBlog

Beans

Will this method also allow my windows partitions to appear along side "File System" if I go to "Tree" view mode? I've been trying to figure that out for a while.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by cbstryker View Post
    Will this method also allow my windows partitions to appear along side "File System" if I go to "Tree" view mode? I've been trying to figure that out for a while.
    I am not sure as to exactly what you mean. If you are asking will the mounted shares show up under "Computer" then yes they will, see attached pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot-Computer - File Browser.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	164899  
    MyBlog

Beans

Hi I'm really a new Ubuntu user. I switch from windows and I like it. I just trying to map my Dlink 321 Nas. I can do it with Nautilus but when I log out and restart the computer I loose the mapping even thou I select "remember me for ever', when I connect to the drive. Every time I have to repeat the same step. Can I do it automatically?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by escoba00 View Post
    Hi I'm really a new Ubuntu user. I switch from windows and I like it. I just trying to map my Dlink 321 Nas. I can do it with Nautilus but when I log out and restart the computer I loose the mapping even thou I select "remember me for ever', when I connect to the drive. Every time I have to repeat the same step. Can I do it automatically?
    The "remember me" is just so the password/username will be added to your keyring, it does not do the actual mounting. This script should work just fine for you as long as the NAS shares the files via samba (windows file sharing).
    MyBlog

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by escoba00 View Post
    This is a HowTo on the very thing you are trying to do. Go to the first page of this thread.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast