Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 203

Thread: A little respect for Stallman.

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tuxland
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: A little respect for Stallman.

    Stallman is probably one of the most misunderstood people alive. But if you can understand him and his philosophy, and stop trying to assign some kind of political motive to it, it really does make a lot of sense.
    Proud GNU/Linux zealot and lover of penguins
    "Value your freedom or you will lose it, teaches history." --Richard Stallman

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    USA, Florida
    Beans
    402
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: A little respect for Stallman.

    Quote Originally Posted by phrostbyte View Post
    Stallman is probably one of the most misunderstood people alive. But if you can understand him and his philosophy, and stop trying to assign some kind of political motive to it, it really does make a lot of sense.
    I never really knew that much about him or his philosophy until I read his Wikipedia article.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cottonwood Arizona
    Beans
    35

    Re: A little respect for Stallman.

    stallman is a prophet like bob marley,ron paul,and the dali llama.

    chido chido chido chido!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falkirk, Scotland.
    Beans
    236
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: A little respect for Stallman.

    im sorry but its generalizing young people like that..

    its one of the things i cant stand tbh,

    you see nothing but bad things about young people in the paper and in the news and apparently on here as well.

    i think its just a load of bull. that were the crap on society's shoes.

    But no. you're young, ungrateful, and everything is just another form of entertainment for you meager attention span.
    what a horrible thing to say.

    actually grr.

    i dont think i should type here no more because i dont think i could stop.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    /dev/random
    Beans
    3,052

    Re: A little respect for Stallman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Regenweald View Post
    I see many people in here, and they strike me as being rather young, who seem content to jump on the 'Stallman is wierd and.....' bandwagon. I'd love it if they would spend a few minutes in their search engine of choice and research exactly what men like Richard Stallman have provided us. How could you mock an individual whose actions in no small way resulted in forums such as these? or your favourite distro?

    But no. you're young, ungrateful, and everything is just another form of entertainment for you meager attention span.
    I'm 24 and RMS is weird. I see how you strawmanned me into mocking him, and proceeded with ad hominem.

    Poster is troll, thread is flamebait.
    ...

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    USA, Florida
    Beans
    402
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: A little respect for Stallman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorael View Post
    I'm 24 and RMS is weird. I see how you strawmanned me into mocking him, and proceeded with ad hominem.

    Poster is troll, thread is flamebait.
    It's kind of ironic how 'trolls' (as in a poster) are always trying to start 'flames' (as in attacks on people), considering that 'trolls' (as in mythological) are supposed to be killable only by 'flames' (as in ouch)...

    This is completely off-topic, by the way.
    Last edited by JordyD; June 14th, 2009 at 03:24 AM.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Beans
    510
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

    Re: A little respect for Stallman.

    Quote Originally Posted by meeples View Post
    im sorry but its generalizing young people like that..

    its one of the things i cant stand tbh,

    you see nothing but bad things about young people in the paper and in the news and apparently on here as well.

    i think its just a load of bull. that were the crap on society's shoes.

    what a horrible thing to say.

    actually grr.

    i dont think i should type here no more because i dont think i could stop.
    If the statement does not apply to you then why be so offended ? grr what ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorael View Post
    I'm 24 and RMS is weird. I see how you strawmanned me into mocking him, and proceeded with ad hominem.
    Poster is troll, thread is flamebait.
    I'm 26, stop acting like a child, you're one of the big boys now. To both of you, do the adult thing and at least read a decent portion of the thread before you decide to do what children do, and make everything about them. My post on page 5 might interest you. This thread is about affording founder of the free software movement some deserved respect, eccentric or not. Little generationX/Next chips on shoulders are of no consequence to me.

    This thread has run quite a course and sparked conversation and differing opinions, why such a worthless, uninformed post Zorael ?
    Last edited by Regenweald; June 14th, 2009 at 03:30 AM.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Las Vegas, Nevada
    Beans
    743
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: A little respect for Stallman.

    I don't take very kindly to people demanding that I respect someone just because they do.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Austin , TX.
    Beans
    1,406
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: A little respect for Stallman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Regenweald View Post
    I see many people in here, and they strike me as being rather young, who seem content to jump on the 'Stallman is wierd and.....' bandwagon. I'd love it if they would spend a few minutes in their search engine of choice and research exactly what men like Richard Stallman have provided us. How could you mock an individual whose actions in no small way resulted in forums such as these? or your favourite distro?

    But no. you're young, ungrateful, and everything is just another form of entertainment for you meager attention span.
    I agree , I love RMS and his vision and his arguments and causes and the things that make him eccentric. He's one of my personal heroes , how many people have the courage to say and practice what they preach? not many that's for sure!.
    "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."
    -Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falkirk, Scotland.
    Beans
    236
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: A little respect for Stallman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Regenweald View Post
    If the statement does not apply to you then why be so offended ?
    how does it not apply to me? o.O

    and grr because i was cranky last nite haha

    and ive read the whole thread btw. it was just that one bit that really annoyed me. the fact of any bodies age has nothing to do with how they perceive someone.
    Last edited by meeples; June 14th, 2009 at 10:35 AM.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •