Thread: Cannot Set Default Mail Client for OO.org

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Cannot Set Default Mail Client for OO.org

I prefer to use Thunderbird as my default mail client. I just recently upgraded to 9.04 and cannot get the System to pick up Thunderbird as my default even though it is set in System>Preferences>Preferred Applications. When ever I try to mail from OO.org, I keep getting sent to Evolution. I noticed that OO.org has a setting for e-mail of "sensible-ooomua"; what is this and can it be edited to fix the problem.

Bill

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Cannot Set Default Mail Client for OO.org

deck
    I noticed that OO.org has a setting for e-mail of "sensible-ooomua"; what is this and can it be edited to fix the problem.
    Your on target. left click on the button containing four dots to the right of the box containing "sensible-ooomua" listed in "tools/options/Internet/E-mail". Find your e-mail program executable double click on the executable and it should replace the "sensible-ooomua" then left click on OK at the bottom.

I don't use Thunderbird but if the executable isn't located in your directory, look in file system/usr/bin.

A number of bug issues have been noted (search Google) regarding this. However, I would attempt the above procedure first.

Good Luck and I hope this helps.
    "All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward."
    Ellen Glasgow