Thread: Help with Ubuntu Forums

Beans

Question Help with Ubuntu Forums

Hey Helpful people of Ubuntu forums... I need gelp yet again. 1 simple question...

How to I upload animated GIIFs to my signature
    s.o.s.

-Ubuter

P.S. sorry if this post does not go in this section, im new...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Help with Ubuntu Forums

As far as I'm aware the forums do not allow you to use an image in your signature- you can only use text. If I'm wrong then I'm sure standard BB code will do, but I don't think I am..

Beans

in the rules is says
    YES upload animated gifs to signiture
    or something like that I think.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Ubuter View Post
    in the rules is says

or something like that I think.
    You can not use animated items in your signature, or your avatar.

From the Forum FAQ (Under Forum Help at the top of the page, see ubuntu-geek's announcement):

Why can't I use an animated gif as my avatar?

In the past (up to sometime near the end of 2005) users were allowed to use animated gifs as avatars. This ended when there was a sudden wave of really distracting and obnoxious flashing, gaudy avatars. (Honestly, can you concentrate on information when looking at animated avatars like these?) Rather than make a long list of what is an isn't acceptable for animated avatar usage and then forcing the staff to monitor and police their use it was decided that they would be banned altogether. Those users who had appropriate animated avatars at the time were allowed to keep them and so you may see a small number of them floating around the forums. If/when those users decide to change their avatars they will not be allowed to replace the current animated gifs with another animated avatar but will have to choose an regular non-moving picture like the rest of us.
    Why can't I use images in my signature? (Why are the staff allowed to use them?)

Banners, flashing images, colorful and hidden links...the list is a long one. This is primarily a tech support forum with a small number of frivolous additions. This was something that people either love or hate, and people looking for tech support answers with as little distraction as possible are among those who hate this feature so we turned it off. The staff of the forums are allowed this as a perk since they are volunteers and receive no payment or other renumeration for their time, efforts and services here.
    Last edited by John.Michael.Kane; June 6th, 2009 at 10:03 PM.
    Advantages and Disadvantages of 64bit.(Plus install Guides)

‘In search of some small measure of peace, that we all seek, and few of us ever find.’

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

And by the way, try to write with the default font size unless you want to hightlight something. It's annoying to read letters that big
    Intel E8500 - ASUS P5Q-E - 4GB RAM - ATi Radeon 4670 - Samsung SpinPoint F1 - Enermax Modu82+ 425W

Linux user

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

As has been indicated by John.Michael.Kane, we do not allow animated avatars or signatures.

As requested by Legace, please use the default font size and colors unless there is something you need to emphasize.

If you are having trouble reading the default font it can be adjusted in your browser rather then changing the default font size on your posts.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans

thanks for the info! and i'll use the default size i guess...