Thread: midi plays wierd

Beans

midi plays wierd

for some reason, when i try playing midi files, like the volume of the base is jacked up, some higher sounds are louder, and the rest of the song is quiet. i know now it is a problem with software, not hardware, because i tried two different sound cards and they had the same problem. in window, the files play fine.

another thing is that the left is louder than the right about 1.5-2x (depending on the sound card), but balancing the stereo isn't the right fix because it still sounds different. i tried more than one type of speaker sets, and they sounded the same. the sound cards aren't like unknown, they're both creative sound blaster cards, but one is 3 years older than the other. i tried like 3 programs, they all had the same problem (except one was playing like 2 times faster than the others).

the codec im using is gstreamer, do you think that maybe that's the problem? or is there another codec i can use? maybe you guys know what the problem really is...

btw, i uploaded the files of what it sounds like in ubuntu (sound recording off the speaker, so not great quality), windows (what it really sounds like), and the original midi recording
    Attached Files Attached Files