Quote:
    Originally Posted by BOXXHED
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cariboo907
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BOXXHED
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cariboo907
    I you aren't going to post a question, or you have solved your problem and left nothing in the post, please report it, and we will delete it. Your post is now in the jail.

Excuse me?

You left a post that had a smiley in it and nothing more. I linked to it, but you may not be able to see it. THe thread was called Linux commercial games - you better like FPS...

We had several complaints about it.

What? Who complained, and what reason's did they give?

You don't need to know who complained, they all said it may be spam.

I'm sorry, but I don't believe you.

I'm sorry you don't believe me, but why would I go to the trouble of jailing your thread, if nobody had complained about it.

I don't know. I have heard bad thing's about the moderators of these board's.

I posted in the thread you started, about what to do when you have a complaint.

If I had taken your thread as spam, I would have also banned you, as it is I just sent you a pm that I had jailed your post.

Your behavior is unacceptable, and your manner insulting. Please learn to treat people with a little more courtesy!

I posted our conversation in the resolution center

So let's get this straight. Some users "complained" about my post being spam, but you didn't consider it spam, but removed it anyway. You post a thread that I cannot comment on, and try to make someone else deal with an issue you started!

Ridiculous!

It was closed by request, You can start a new thread in the RC if you want.

Are you kidding me?
    I can start a new post on the same subject? What if someone complain's again? Will it be removed, because it's spam, even though you have already said that my previous post wasn't spam!
    You rule's make no sense!

I meant you could start your own complaint thread in the RC.

I have just read through a good portion of the Resolution Centre. It seem's that the only interest of the moderator's there is to back each other up and never accept anything they do as wrong. It seem's the bad reputation this board has is justified.

Goodbye.

It's rather sad that after 2 day's as a user of these board's that I should run into this issue. Hopefully in the future you will apply your rules with a little more common sense!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: For the record...

We welcome you to these forums and hope you enjoy your time here.

Jailing a thread which contained nothing but a "smiley", and which we received complaints seems reasonable to me.

If you read the recent threads in the Resolution Center then you will find we don not discuss who reported what when with you here, but only your behaviour or concerns you have with the staff.

The point of moderation is to help you integrate into the community and this is nothing more then a simple explanation of how this community works. No action was taken by the staff and your account remains in good standing.

Frankly, insulting the staff and the process by which we resolve disputes seems to me an over reaction on your part and is not the best way to start a conversation with the administrators.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface