Thread: Wireless issue

Beans

Wireless issue

Hello every one. I have a HP DV9000. I have recently installed Ubuntu for the first time. Everything went smoothly with the installation, however everytime I boot up Ubuntu it shows my wireless slide key is turned off. And since it is turned off will not allow me to find wireless networks. I have checked it several times on several different boots. I know it works fine because I am typing this now on windows and it is on. I have searched and searched the forums and help sections and cannot find anything that remotely comes close to this sort of problem. Any hekp would be appreciated.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Wireless issue

Do you have a Windows driver for it? If you do, insert your Ubuntu LiveCD, open Synaptic and search for "ndiswrapper-gtk".

This should help you setup your drivers.

Beans

Re: Wireless issue

I have my LiveCD and see nothing in it that says synaptic. And I am not sure if I have a driver for it. I am new to all of this PC crap. Switched from a Mac to appease the wife. I absolutely hate windows and had a friend tell me about linux.
    Last edited by JustCallMeKami; June 2nd, 2009 at 06:17 PM. Reason: incomplete