Thread: Ubuntu doing a popcorn noise when playing audio

Beans

Ubuntu doing a popcorn noise when playing audio

Hello guys.

I am getting a noise like like a bad frequency every time I try to play some sound. It is a bit like a (popcorn) noise. Please can some one help me.

Every thing start when I wanted to get some sound from SKYPE. I saw some forums and I found that I should remove a component pulseaudio. Right, I did it and the Skype audio worked. Then I also saw in the forum that I should re-install the pulseaudio otherwise Ubuntu would not start. I did so.

When I start Ubuntu 9.04 again it made the instrange noise of bad frequency. So I tried some combination of install and remove the pulseaudio and none of them worked. Nor even the sounds of the Skype did. I tested some videos that were working fine before and still nothing.

Does any know what can I do to bring my good audio back and possibly the skype sounds too?

Many thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Ubuntu doing a popcorn noise when playing audio

Try opening Volume Control, and turning up all the different channels. I'm not sure if it will work, but might as well give it a shot!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nyk View Post
    Try opening Volume Control, and turning up all the different channels. I'm not sure if it will work, but might as well give it a shot!

I am really a newbie I know.

I checked my audio and it was not mute.

I then found another forum saying some other staff to reinstall the drive.

Right, now I had the welcome sound and flash sound, which does not very well too.

Anyway, I tried to play a video with totem media player and didn't get any sound. My problem now became the totem, I do not have any sound coming out.

If someone know how to solve please help me.

Thank you everybody.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Exclamation Re: Ubuntu doing a popcorn noise when playing audio

Open a terminal or Alt+F2 and type
    Code:
    gstreamer-properties
    and chane the output plugin to the different options listed and test. That worked for me.
    Tony J
    Unanswered Posts Team: A team for handling unanswered posts. | The Blog: http://apjone.com | Hardware Team:A team for handling hardware forums

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by apjone View Post
    Open a terminal or Alt+F2 and type
    Code:
    gstreamer-properties
    and chane the output plugin to the different options listed and test. That worked for me.
    Great!

I think I solved it!

Thank you very much everyone!