Thread: Nautilus can't be used now, due to an unexpected error.

Beans

Nautilus can't be used now, due to an unexpected error.

I just did an update and restarted and when I logged in I got this error msg : "Nautilus can't be used now, due to an unexpected error." When I clicked on show details it said this : "Nautilus can't be used now, due to an unexpected error from Bonobo when attempting to locate the factory. Killing bonobo-activation-server and restarting Nautilus may help fix the problem."

What does this mean and is it a problem?

Beans

Re: Nautilus can't be used now, due to an unexpected error.

How did you fix this?

Beans

It just kinda went away, sorry I cant completely remember but I think a few reboots and it was gone!

Beans

Hi guys,

I am having a similar problem, however it appears to be an intermittent problem. It happens when I first log in to Ubuntu. Following the instructions and killing the Bonobo process and restarting provides a temporary solution to this at least, however it does keep cropping up from time to time.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this ?

I have previously used Solaris (At Uni) and noticed a similar sort of problem there, So perhaps it is an issue with Nautilus.

BTW I have been using Ubuntu for about 3 days now and I Have to say well done to the Ubuntu Team / Community for a fantastic product.

Beans

Mine still pops up every now and again but it doesnt seem to affect anything, I click ok and it goes away! Sorry I cant be of more help, guess its just one of those things!