Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Google Wave

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Google Wave

Coming later this year, something between e-mail, online documents, IM and... OK, just read about it here:
    http://radar.oreilly.com/2009/05/goo...t-email-l.html

Sounds very interesting!
    The sole meaning of life is to serve humanity
    To me, GPL still means Grand Prix Legends...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Google Wave

This is a pretty big, pretty cool idea. The paradigm itself is interesting and could be revolutionary if it really takes off.

I'm not really interested all that much in Google's implementation of it, though, I'm more interested in the protocol. Google is kind of an Open Source company, and this could be really, really big if code's going to be open source. They say the majority of the codebase will be open... and that worries me. (Majority != All), so it's still a question of whether what Google decides to release will be all that useful to developers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

it would amazing for project based work,

it would have been extremely useful on uni group projects

Beans
    Hidden!

This looks amazing, but I'm afraid that there's the good chance this may not be fully compatible with linux straight away. I'm not sure how multiplatform html5 is...

Beans

HTML 5 is supported by Firefox 3.5 and Chromium, I don't know about other browsers but it will definitely work on Linux (there's even Google gears for linux, needed for the images drag'n'drop).
    I'm very excited about this project, it blends a lot of different but similar concepts in a very unique way, I can't wait to try it out.
    I was impressed with the developed extensions and extension support, I'm very happy that they are open sourcing it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Seems very much like spicebird to me.

OS: Kubuntu 12.04 LTS|| CPU: AMD Athlon 64x2 || RAM: 3GB DDR2(PC-6400) || Display: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT 1024mb

Beans
    Hidden!

You must have just seen the picture not the video.

Spicebird doesn't even tread water compared to this.

Wehn I said linux compatibility I meant like how it was compatible with windows explorer and iPhoto. Do you think this will be compatible with nautilus and the linux desktop in the same way?

Beans

When Chromium for Linux is completed, you'll be able to have Wave as a desktop application.

Also, this sounds like the coolest thing ever.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

im watching the 2 hour preview right now. i suggest for everybody here to click on the "let me know when its ready" button on the right of this page. then request a linux version or discuss why you think they should make it linux compatible.

i think that google needs to hear many many requests for a linux version for them to think about doing it.

pwnst*r is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Hidden!

that looks great

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast