Thread: Installation problems

Beans

Angry Installation problems

Hello humans! =)

I've been trying to install the ubuntu 9.04 in my laptop (Acer 5710G) for a while.

Unfortunately I'm having some trouble at the end of the installation progress. I tryed to install it using wubi from my windows 7 and there everything was ok. When I reboot it runs fine until the end of the progress bar, right after "configuring hardware" or something like that. The screen goes black and the cursor blinks at the top of the screen... and then... nothing.... it get stucked there. After that I took it out of the power and try to boot ubuntu... and that's the point when everything goes wrong and it clearly didn't installed correctly... only terminal mode and alot of errors come to the screen.

Sadly I tryed to install the new Mint distro... same error... =(

Any ideas?

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Re: Installation problems

What makes everyone think that Wubi will even work with a pre-release OS from Microsoft?? The final version is not due out until July or October (depending on who you believe).

See posts every day about this, and in all the cases I remember, they've not found a fix.

There is a new version of Wubi available. Suggest you check that out first.
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans

Re: Installation problems

dunno... maybe i just trust too much on ubuntu team... =P

do you think it is a wubi problem? Cause the error happens after the installation of wubi finishes.

I'll try that latter on...