Thread: Pangolin Performance questions

Beans

Pangolin Performance questions

I am interested in getting a Pangolin Perfomance laptop. I am curious as to how gaming is on the machine. I play Quake, UT, WoW (via Cedega).

I will probably be keeping Ubuntu on it, but are there any inherent issues if I do end up making the move to Fedora (my normal distro of choice)?

Also what is the battery life on average for the unit? Although I am aiming at desktop replacement, there may be times at which I feel like using it without tethering myself to an AC outlet and I do not have my eeePC handy.

Thanks much!
    Appreciate a dedicated Linux computer vendor being there

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Pangolin Performance questions

I am curious as to how gaming is on the machine. I play Quake, UT, WoW (via Cedega).
    I'll leave this one to the gamers out there.

Code:
    I will probably be keeping Ubuntu on it, but are there any inherent issues if I do end up making the move to Fedora (my normal distro of choice)?
    We only test with and support Ubuntu. But I know we have customers out there using Fedora. 76ers? Any word on this?

Also what is the battery life on average for the unit?
    The Pangolin only has one battery option - the 6-cell.

It lasts approximately 1.5 - 2 hours. Battery life is largely dependent on usage. We provide a tutorial for maximizing battery life. Some customers have reported exceeding 2 hours by implementing the steps in the tutorial.
    To err is human, to forgive is very ... dog-like.

Thomas Aaron
    FetchMasters, LLC

Beans

Re: Pangolin Performance questions

Thanks for the feedback.

I would love to know about the Fedora and games questions.

So gamers ... any feedback? I presume that the card is at least as powerful if not more so, than a Radeon 2600HD, right?