Thread: Grub Bootsplash with Jaunty and 2.6.28 Kernel

Beans

Grub Bootsplash with Jaunty and 2.6.28 Kernel

I read somewhere that kernel 2.6.28 does not support grub bootsplash options.
    I am running Jaunty with Grub installed on the mbr, but would like a colourful grub splashscreen, if possible.

I have installed startup-manager but the option to include images in grub is greyed out and not available, as yet, I am not sure why?

When Jaunty starts, I get a nice bootsplash, but so far have just changed colors on the grub screen, not managed to get a grub bootsplash working. Thanks for any help or insight on this.

Beans

Re: Grub Bootsplash with Jaunty and 2.6.28 Kernel

I've been looking for this as well, I love the way Ubuntu (Remix) looks when it boots off of flash to install etc and would like that look for GRUB when it normally boots
    Netbook: Samsung NC10 with Ubuntu 10.04
    Desktop: Phenom II x3 64, 4GB, 5770 3x1 Eyefinity with Windows

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Grub Bootsplash with Jaunty and 2.6.28 Kernel

I know there is a theme that I installed and I have the grub screens that are images. I need to personally create a splash screen to my liking.

What I am experiencing though is my shut down screen... When I shut down now it flashes the text in a wave like motion down the screen whereas before I messed around with startup manager it was so fast I wouldn't see it, and I am having a dickens of a time getting the Ubuntu shutdown progress bar correctly displayed again. Wish I had the defaults for that. I guess I could restore the backup I made of the config file prior to messing with it but then again after looking at it, it is only the start up options. Nothing about shut down...

Hope someone else reads your thread and is able to help me get back to the default shut down screenage...
    Compaq CQ60-215DX // AMD Athlon Dual Core QL-62 // 2.0 Gb Ram
    Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04.2 64bit // Kernel 2.6.32-28-generic // Gnome 2.30.2
    Acer AspireONE / Lucid Lynx 10.04
    Ubuntu User #: 26559 // Linux User #: 486156