Thread: Software Freedom Day 2009

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Software Freedom Day 2009

I said in our last meeting that I'd get up to starting a thread regarding Software Freedom Day so here it is . First off we have half a wiki page constructed over at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WelshTeam/SoftwareFreedomDay. From there I've tried to outline exactly what SFD is but what I haven't done is set a venue nor an event to do! I'm looking for some input here for how you guys would like to celebrate Software Freedom Day in Wales . Any venues and/or events will be considered but please post them in here!

Beans

Re: Software Freedom Day 2009

I personally think you guys should just give out disks of free open source software to people, and possibly leaflets, which i would be happy to make, to increase awareness of open source.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Software Freedom Day 2009

Quote Originally Posted by kn100 View Post
    I personally think you guys should just give out disks of free open source software to people, and possibly leaflets, which i would be happy to make, to increase awareness of open source.
    That is entirely possible, we have the resources to do this! . Is there anything else though that you'd like to add to this yourself or another person who is interested?